Head light conversion for sealed unit? (what were they thinking??)

My 1988 landy just blew a main beam buld. So decided to remove and replace. Due to its age/condition this has become harder than it should.

Does anyone know if I can just swap all the front lights for the latest (non sealed unit) defender head lights or do I need to make some mods?

To be honest I want to change the lot as all the fittings are cracked, damaged or not sealing any more.

And it would be very helpful if anyone knows the part numbers or Paddock spares codes!!!!!

Thanks

7" headlights have been available for longer than I care to think..Yep a straight swap. Hella are about the best BUT. BUT make sure the wiring is good enough. The stqndard Defender headlight wiring is krap.

Somewhere on here is a post of mine."Headlight wiring a better way to get light" I think it is..

i would highly reccomend the Wipac crystal halogen conversion lenses. about £30 i think and are better than the brand new headlights.

but as mentioned. its well worth doing the wiring upgrade too as it also makes a heck of a difference.

I think this is it

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=23482

If you are having trouble searching a website using its own search facility you can always search it using google. I do this regularly on Pistonheads because their search facility is completely rubbish.

Here is what I put into google to find the thread above

Headlight better way site:http://forums.lr4x4.com/

All Paddock spares

PM678 - Wipac Crystal Halogen Headlamp Conversion Kit (pair). Im guessing that a glass lense is in that??

S5400 - Headlamp backing bowl - complete with chrome ring and fixing screws New 3 pin electrical plug and cable??

And while im at it

RTC5013 - Indicator assembly

RTC5012 - Sidelight assembly

What am I missing?????????

Yay, parts have arrived. Sadly this weekend my inconsiderate sister is getting married so I will have to wait until next week before I can start playing. :(

Wheres the like button when you actually need one lol?