Seat covers

SWMBO has a 2005 300Tdi Defender 110 Station Wagon, and could do with a new set of seat covers for the seats as hers are wrecked and faded.

Genuine LR ones are great but need a new mortgage :(

So ... what's the next best thing? Ideally I want a full set (two front, 60/40 split second row and 4 x individual rear seats) but at a pinch could make do with the front 2 rows. Got to be a decent tailored fit designed for a Defender and that stays on the seat, not a pair of "universal" ones that are fine for a weekend gardening and useless for anything else.

What's out there that is a good tough waterproof cover and a good fit to the seats at say half the price of the genuine article or less - any recommendations?

I have a pair of Britpart ones on my front seats, they fit well and have held up well to 3 years of hard use. My 90 has no roof all summer and regularly ends up with puddles on the covers but the seats still stay dry...and they are only £30 for a front set!

Harry

I have got some CoverKing ones and they are fantastic.

http://www.coverking.co.uk/seat.html

J

Hmm - not my experience. The Cover King covers I bought were miles too big and the waterproof coating inside degraded to form a nasty sticky substance like chewing gum!!! To be totally honest I ditched them for Lidl's seat covers - no joke!

I subsequently sold the Defender and bought a later model and fitted Escape Gear Canvas covers!! (you may however need to speak to your bank manager in advance!)

got cover king ones in my defender, about 3 yrs old now and 1 has torn but thatst totally due to me jumping in and out with things like keys hanging off that side.

Had them in last 2 discoverys and always good - even when i was an idiot and left sunroof open and let rain in they didnt let through.

which reminds me i must go order a new one to replace drivers side

I've got Britpart covers on the seats in my 110. I fitted them about 8 years ago. They're still in good condition and clean up well in the washing machine.

I'd buy another set.

Phil.

Well just to show what a completely tight bast**d I am, I 've bin using a cheapo set from Wilkinsons. Been in the truck for about 4 years now, and do have a few tears around the head rest, where I put long things in, so will prob buy another set and put them on over the top, as they protect my 'techno' seats. The price??? I think the first set was a princely £4.99 A PAIR. I might ask for a discout on the second set (bulk buying), or just take the originals back and complain!

Hmm - not my experience. The Cover King covers I bought were miles too big and the waterproof coating inside degraded to form a nasty sticky substance like chewing gum!!! To be totally honest I ditched them for Lidl's seat covers - no joke!

I subsequently sold the Defender and bought a later model and fitted Escape Gear Canvas covers!! (you may however need to speak to your bank manager in advance!)

I must have got the good set ;)