Disco 2 ACE

kirkynut

• 2 weeks later...

I had a 2001 Disco 2 ES TD5 auto 5 seat that was on springs at the rear, that I ordered new, but imported from Belgium. 2002 UK spec.

I remember that at the time when I ordered it rear air suspension was an option even on the 5 seater.

ACE was also an option on some spec levels that didn't have it as standard.

We had one (until it had an unhappy meeting with an armco barrier) that had air suspension and ACE, and was 7 seat.

I can confirm it worked very well, and did stop it rocking on the suspension immediately prior to the incident - which I think would have possibly rolled without.

I think ACE was only an option on air suspension models and only the 5 seaters could have coil springs (as air would self level with extra weight)

Air suspension (SLS) and ACE are good, when they are working...

I think ACE was only an option on air suspension models and only the 5 seaters could have coil springs (as air would self level with extra weight)

When I ordered my 5 seater I added ACE as an option. Definitely available with coils on the rear.

ACE was standard on all discos that had rear air suspension and an option for all the others. If it has bags on the back it will definitely have it, unless it proved problematic and a previous owner ripped it off and put standard arb's on it.

its a very good system, when it doesnt puke its green guts out.