How to differenciate Ford Transit Engine on a 110

Hello, people with no dead ends!

I am buying a 110 form cordoba - they seem to have a lot there, so can anyone give me a tip how can i differenciate if the engine is ford transit?

I have looked in the VIN codes description - there is no code for that, does anyone know what is the code for the Ford transit engine?

Thanks

Welcome,

Is that your Wazzik in your picture?

The Ford engined (Puma) ones should all be after a certain build year which should be evident from the registration or VIN, I don't know how much information you have to hand but looking under the bonnet is a fairly reliable way of determining the engine type, although I guess you're buying long-distance?

Welcome, Is that your Wazzik in your picture? The Ford engined (Puma) ones should all be after a certain build year which should be evident from the registration or VIN, I don't know how much information you have to hand but looking under the bonnet is a fairly reliable way of determining the engine type, although I guess you're buying long-distance?

Thanks for the reply...

I have an identical one :) You should see what this son of a gun does offroad! And almost any problem is resolved with a hummer and set of wrenches!!! :)))))))

Love my Uaz! But want to get a 110 for more comfort ;)

Puma ones will have a bulge in the bonnet rather than the sunken-in earlier type :). The dash is also very different to all previous defenders.

Thank you very much - the obvious differences like the bulge in the bonnet is exactly what i am looking for, as i plan to buy one in Europe and drive it all the way to Armenia where I live and need to differenciate online, before i get to the specific dealer...

Any other tips on where/how to buy and what to pay attantion to? There is a huge dealer in Cordoba Spain. do you think it's trustworhty to get one from Spain - they used to have local production of Defenders if i am not mistaken...

True, although Puma bonnets are one of the most stolen parts, there's even anti-theft bonnet hinges, so you might need to be careful of assuming the engine type from the bonnet shape.

The dashboard in Puma ones looks like a Ford Fiesta/Focus dashboard so that's a good indicator.

hi

what is the dealers name as my mate works in cordoba and

is a landy nut aswell maybe he knows the dealer

cheers brian

Below are the contacts of the dealer, but it is not a must - i just chose this one because he hell of Defenders in house, so i guess there is more chance to find a good one?... :huh:

commercial vendor

AUTOMOVILES MARTIN

Francisco

tel.: +34 607688866

tel.: +34 957121195

AS24_icon_location_32_blue3.jpg

Av. Cardeña, 16

E 14440 Villanueva de

Errrm, there's something you don't seem to understand about Defenders...

Looks like there's something you don't understand about UAZ!!!!!! :)))))))))))))))))))))

We have this joke about how they test if the doors of the cars are hermetic enough for driving in water... With defenders they lock a cat in the car overnight and if the cat is unconscious in the morning - means it is OK...

With UAZ - if the cat is there in the morning, means it is OK!!!!!! :))))))))))))))))))))))))

You should hear all the noise this monster produces :)))))))))))

Thank you all for your help!!!

Any ideas on where it's better to buy in Europe, no matter country better even be UK, as long as it is left hand drive :)?

The one i want is 2007and on, milage not more than 70000 km.

And what i need is to do most of the negotiation online and then arrive, register in a day or two and drove off...

Would also be great if i can order some staff to the garage (roof rack, roof tent, fender and bonnet protectors, etc...) so that once i am there and approve the vehicle, they install it.

What sites i can surf? By now i have surfed only autoscout24.eu and mobile.de

You may be able to do a short term registration in some countries , not all have this facility , only can register vehicle if resident in that country . You need to check before buying . In UK look on Autotrader, Ebay , LHD can be cheaper or more expensive in UK . also try google "landrovers for sale" HTSH