Expansion tank fitment - 300 tdi

Am about to fit the expansion tank to my 300 tdi 110 conversion. I have tried to find a diagram/photo of the standard fitment but have failed miserably. From what little info I can get it appears to simply bolt to the lip of the wing with a single leg support from the inner wing to the outer support. Can anyone confirm this? A photo or complete installation diagram of the standard fitment would be grand if anyone has one. I assume the only critical is to get the level indicator more or less level with the top of the radiator?

Cheers

Mark

Mark,

Yes you're exactly right with what you've typed above, It fit's exactly the way you've described-The two lugs for attaching the tank do indeed fit onto the edge of the drivers side wing and that'll get everything at the required level

I've attached a photo from Google that shows a 300 tdi engine bay and the location of the expansion tank

HTH

John

post-16623-0-55374800-1334650060_thumb.jpg

Thanks John. Nicely confirms it and gives some good datums. I had a go this morning (raining) only to come up against a couple of problems. My bonnet prop is the over centre folding type which means the tank needs to go a bit further back than standard in order to clear it. No problem I thinks. Moved it back only to find that the inlet air hose from my air filter fouls the lower pipe outlet on the tank. I think there may be a happy medium somewhere in between but working to pretty tight tolerances now!

Mark, you'll be needing a single rod type bonnet stay, and possibly different radiator brackets too here : http://www.johnricha...et-prop-mtc2220 obviously that's a bit steep price wise

sorry, slight detour on the thread but since you have a pic - Does anyone know where I can get the radiator brackets for a sensible price? seems they want £20 each for them new...

Well it is all fitted but I have yet to put the bonnet on to see if the brace clears but pretty confident it will. Thanks for all the advice. It was spot on. I even had a white tank from an old disco I scrapped which had obviously had head problems at some point.

A couple of reference pictures for anyone else doing a similar conversion

post-1427-0-69260000-1335137747_thumb.jpg

post-1427-0-73561400-1335137765_thumb.jpg

post-1427-0-86811000-1335137799_thumb.jpg

post-1427-0-17884600-1335137840_thumb.jpg