Carroll Smith's guide to fasteners - free via google

A finger of fudge to the first person to convert the whole thing to a downloadable PDF :ph34r:

Looks like it needs a 'signature' to request the image, and it doesn't seem to be a hash of the file or the pagename or something like that. It does look like a base64 encoded sha1 hash, but no clue of what.

Oh well, that's as far as I can be bothered to look.

Why would you want a pdf of a book with half the pages missing?

...although it's probably more useful than my printed copy which I can't find at all at the moment :blush:

I've got the printed copy on the shelf, it's a good read.... but just that a good read, he plugs his own / prefered fittings (Earls Performance Parts) well, they may be good, but what about a cost effective alternative (in the UK... buy american may be patriotic in the us, but considering high quality engineering started here we should have a list of our own to plug)

If I had a month of sundays free I could scan it in... but then there is the copyright issue!

The quetsion is really select the right bolt / fitting for the application, there is no point using areospace spec bolts to hold the wings on a defender, AN fittings are good fittings, but whats wrong with a standard part ib=n the same application unless ur racing it that is