Rollcages and snorkels - how did you solve it?

As most full cages impede where many snorkels fit, are there any snorkels that can be used un-modified or what other solutions did you come up with?

Suspect it's just a case of adding some flexy tube to go over the front lower hoop, but I'd love to see what other people might have come up with.

Thanks.

Protection and Performance do their own snorkel that matches the cage. I bought one with the cage for SWMBOs 90 but not fitted it yet so no pics. They also do adaptors for other snorkels that moves the snorkel forward. The P&P one can come with an ARB top (big round clear plastic vortex thing) or you can fit a Safari top to it.

pics here...

http://www.ppcages.com/?page_id=194

Southdown on mine held on tight with 2 large stainless Jubilee Clips, I did have a generic one fitted but the bend in the flexi was really tight. You could cut the metal down and increase flexi but I think its just adding points where your snorkel could fail.

Cant go wrong with a southdown straight through the wing.

G

Southdown ones just go straight through the top of the wing, so just a case of drilling the hole further forward... The cage tube should be formed to the same angle as the windscreen/bulkhead, so the tube is a direct match. Southdown also sell brackets to suit a cage mounting, rather than screwing to the windscreen surround... Have a look at eBay item 120705535505 - should give you a few clues...

Safari style ones can also be made to fit with some careful additional cutting of the existing hole in the side of the wing. Mine fitted here and you couldn't see the modification or any of the cut-out. I wouldn't recommend them for anything other than a bit of light laning and P&P, though... They are a bit fragile and stick out further than the cage, so tend to be very vulnerable in amongst the trees...

Not particularly clear, but using the military metal flexible snorkel with the mushroom top, it come with hoops that normally bolt to a bracket. Instead you can get some more hoops to mirror it on the roll cage. The two hoops can then be bolted together.

post-18025-0-57460700-1337275212_thumb.jpg

Mantec do one for use with a roll cage (RC at the end of the product code) the difference is the angle of the pipe coming from the wing and of course the brackets to hold it onto the cage.

Jason.

I chopped and re-welded the wing outer fitting (mantec) on my 200tdi 90 so it was pointing at '12:00clock' - two rubber lined pipe clips on the roll cage and it's like it grew there!

Took the trouble of feeding a single length of flexi hose from the air filter through the wing and up into the snorkel pipe - watertight! Removes problem of a leaky seal where the wing fitting clamps on.

Will grab a pic if you want it....