Santana PS10 tech specs & info?

Morning,

Does anyone have any accurate info on these? I've trawled Google and found snippets but nothing seems conclusive and there seems quite a bit of contradictory info.

I'd really like answers to these:

1. Was the Iveco Massif version sold in RHD in the UK ever? I've read some reports saying it was going to be, but nothing to say it actually was?

2. What axles and diffs does the PS10 use?

3. If they are not LR items, how strong are they and how easy are parts supply for them?

4. I've read there was an optional rear locking diff, how can you tell if it has one and was this available on the PS10 as well as the Massif? Info I've read so far has been contradictory on this?

5. Is the 2.8 engine an Iveco own engine? If so what are they like and what else do you find them in?

6. Where are the headlights from on the PS10, are they truly bespoke items or are they from another car?

7. Part supply in general, as Santana seems no more, what's it really like buying bits for these? Are they just LR/Iveco or can you not get some bits? Also where would you actually be able to buy bits for them from in the UK?

8. Related to the above, what brakes specifically does it run? As in what pads and discs can you buy for them?

9. Are there any know weak points or reliability issues with them?

Sorry for so many questions. Although hopefully if we can get some good answers, then maybe this thread will serve others well should they also Google looking for info on them.

They are basically a series 3 with parabolic springs and discbrakes. Parts are sold here:

http://heystee-automotive.com/

The axles are series, but as wide as a coilspring axle. They are interchangeable, one of my dutch mates has fitted a set to a series 11a.

Diffs are landrover, if it is a locker it is from KAM. I believe the gearbox is an LT85, but not too sure. The iveco engine is good, Frogs island used to fit them to defenders at some stage.

Daan

From the little i know, the front axles have cv joints, not UJ like a series, they are wider. The rear diff is not a rover in some of them but something larger (nissan??). We had a short id diff session on pirate4x4, there are pics as well although its a series 4 (something along those lines and not a ps10). The diff ratio is different from a landrover models i belive.

The axles where made by a company in iran, dont know if they still exsist (had some correspondense with them for disc brake kits)

Gear box is an lt85 but the transfercase retains a 2wd mode i belive, it looks like an lt 230.

Brakes, some run calipers from some merc van model, not sure.

The engine is an iveco and its @ 2.8ltrs, the same engine runs in many iveco turbo daily 35/10 or larger vans.

Lights i think are simple 5 inch units just like any other car with the 4 headlamps (capri) but i might be wrong.

G

Standard rear diff is a salisbury unit fitted in a removeable casing ala rover style, it is a unique to ps10/massif axle tube and assembly. most of the massifs from recent years however have a KAM locker fitted to the rear instead as standard.

they are no longer made, which is a shame as they are good trucks. They really are far removed from a series LR in terms of comfort and power.

Standard rear diff is a salisbury unit fitted in a removeable casing ala rover style, it is a unique to ps10/massif axle tube and assembly. most of the massifs from recent years however have a KAM locker fitted to the rear instead as standard.

they are no longer made, which is a shame as they are good trucks. They really are far removed from a series LR in terms of comfort and power.

Now that is interesting, I wonder if its setup like a normal salisbury, and if its stronger or not? Are they 24 spline as well, or larger??

And in the US they designed a new axle to have a drop out casing for a d60 (ok its for racing), little did they know about this one!

G

A nice one on a 54 plate (I think) sold for £515 at Leominster last night. Not the one you were interested in per chance?

£515? is that a typo or a very cheap motor?

i think, having checked the website, that someone got their lines crossed. Was my mates dad who came home raving about how cheap it had gone for....

Just checked the site is says

2006 06 Santana Ps 10 Diesel 5 Seat Utility

23348 miles warranted, Blue, Two Owners, V5 here, MoT 12 Jan'13, Minimum Indemnity Applies, (5%, MIN £275 + VAT), Rear Windows & Load Area, Vehicle History Report, Sold As Seen, Plus VAT,

Direct from Wales & West Utilities.====£3600

Still cheap mind!

Unless there was another?