RV8 Under-Bonnet Pics

My V8 defender uses a slightly modified Range Rover classic item NTC4408, the trump has been shortened but as input is on the opposite end to the output and AFM connects directly to it, it can be mounted more towards the passenger side.

I will take some pics if you want when it is not raining.

As for my other MegaSquirt'd V8 I used a generic air filter http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1e64a770cc

Tis not on me website yet as I have only just got the prototypes sorted (have about 5 of these). Also doing one that doesn't use the AFM end, its again the same overall length, Bung in centre and a "Ring" Tigged around each end to ensure hoses stay on, I have to take a pic of this flavour one shortly so will post that up too

With around 70 bits of tube and plates and rings to weld up, I'll be having a huge TIG Practise session :D

Nige

post-22-0-64104500-1341653489_thumb.jpg post-22-0-63369500-1341653495_thumb.jpg

On the Right is the "Unused" chunk of the AFM, middle is the MS Replacement Unit plus the "Used" bit of the AFM

This means the replacement is a direct swap for the AFM unit, with everything staying in its place.

On the far left is a "Flapper" Type AFM Replacement 80mm OD each end, with a Ring Tigged on each end to keep hoses in place :)

and could also be used where maybe the std LR RR Air Filter Housing is being ditched or moved / chopped about

I am also thinking of doing '1/2 Size' ones- same OD ID but half the length or possibly less of both versions - for those who wnat small

as poss unit to replace AFM etc but for engine bays that are tight etc

Hope its of interest

:)

Nige

Oh,and in answer to your Question the BEST Air Filter V8 assembly for sheer size (ITS BIG !) is a 1980s genuine V8 90 Airbox

They turn up and can be quite cheap

post-22-0-46865200-1341648554_thumb.jpg

Nige

if anyone wants a defender v8 airbox, i have one that ive removed from my td5 buggy

• 1 month later...

Oh,and in answer to your Question the BEST Air Filter V8 assembly for sheer size (ITS BIG !) is a 1980s genuine V8 90 Airbox

They turn up and can be quite cheap

post-22-0-46865200-1341648554_thumb.jpg

Nige

Sorry to hijack the thread, I just saw the photo and i have a question: Did you use ported vacuum for Megajolt?

Eh ?? Ported ??

"MANIFOLD VACUUM

Is obtained from a passage under the throttle blade. Manifold vacuum vacuum is high ( 15-18 in Hg) when the engine is idling and decreases as the throttle is opened. At wide open throttle ( loaded) manifold vacuum is considered to be a zero.

PORTED VACUUM

Is obtained from a passage just above the closed throttle. At idle, no vacuum is applied this port due to its location. As the throttle is opened, this port is exposed to manifold vacuum, so vacuum at this port begins to increase. Since ported vacuum is actually manifold vacuum applied to a different passage it will also be near zero when wide open throttle. "

reference to: http://www.emsgas.co...ges/vacuum1.htm

vacuum1.gif