Super mig 150 wire feed not working.

bushwhacker

Hi

Anyone know anything about the above.

I have been using it on and off for 4/5 years. Put it away working, a day later went to use it and the wire feed is not working. Is it too long new (god I hope not cant afford a new one just now)

I took the torch apart looks ok, I took the sides off looks ok apart from very small scorch marks on an electronic part on the circuit board.

I took the wire feed motor out and it is working connected to a battery charger. (why I done this I dont know as the welder is home electric.

Anyway any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Got a good days winching and "some driving" on Sat.

I hope to get the cabinet of it again tomorrow after I cut the s???Y grass. I will strip the torch also and have a look to see if anything is a miss.

Great idea to start a thread what welder have you ! Certainly a mixed bag and plenty of helpful points

i hade the same problem with mine.

i managed to break aload of the gears in the wire feed unit. went to jack sealeys place in bury st edmunds(HQ) they had them on the shelf at around £32 each, forget the exact price as it was a while ago, really easey to fit, i think it was 3 or 4 wires and 6 bolts.

HTH

doug

I think I have it narrowed down to the relay with the slight scorch marks. Opened it and cleaned the points but the mig is still not working.

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME OR ANY WHERE for that matter!

So I used an insulated screw driver to close the contacts pulled the trigger and hey presto, so the guy on the mig forum reckons I need a new circuit board as something on it is faulty causing the contacts to fail.

I would have thought when they were putting in the drive they could have got one that did not need any gears (just a straight drive) mine has 4 or so gears also but they are ok.

Designers where do they get their ideas from??????????????????????????????

A couple of years ago I bought a Murex Miget second hand. When I fired it up I found that the wire speed wasn't working properly, it would just run at full speed irrespective of the dial setting. After a post on the Mig forum I discovered that the transistor on the circuit board that controlled the motor speed (as part of the PWM speed control circuit) had failed and shorted closed. I replaced it (cost literally 60p or something from local RS outlet) and Bob's your mother's brother.

Thanks

Yes I thought I would just need a relay, but one of the guys on the mig forum reckons something on the board is causing the relay not to work. The relay I have removed and put back but the other smaller bits I wouldn't be sure about replacing.

£70 ish + p+p :( Most of the auto places here do not keep spares they tell you it will be 2/3 days and stick their arm in to the shoulder.

If anyone knows where I can get one cheaper let me know please.

Stevie D I may need to get over to you.