PAS Belts in the rain.

Ok so just been out splashing around in the deep puddles, and as usual I lose my PAS every time I get the belt wet. Belt is not that old and as tight as a winged amphibians orifice. So presumably it's just a carp quality belt (Halfords).

So what is everyones preference for makes of vee belts?

Remove your pas pulley and rough it up with some sandpaper, when I had 200tdis many years ago this would often happen going through a sharp left hand turn which always had a puddle on it.

When I got my first 300tdi 90 it did exactly the same thing, the pulley is worn perfectly smooth and the belt can't grip. I used to put them in my bead blasting cabinet and give them a once over and always cured them problem

The 200Tdi does loose the power steering when water gets thrown on the bottom puly. Land Rover did have a cover made to fit under the front of the engine for the 200Tdi Range Rover.

Any belt from a motor factor for me.

Didn't know that.....mine is factory fit 200 classic and doesnt have one - might have been removed when engine came out for clutch prior to my ownership. Got a part number or picky fitted?

Ta

Rob