Ratchet straps?

dbartle9

Hopefully not too off-topic (will be used with the ninety) but can anyone recommend where to buy some decent ratchet straps for securing things on trailers etc.

The set I've been using for about the last ten years went missing a while back, and I need to get some replacements before Sunday.

I use them for anything upto and including securing Landrovers onto trailers, so they need to be at least of the 50mm width variety and ideally 6m long as a minimum.

Had a quick look around Halfords on my way home and thought it was all a bit too flimsy looking.

Thanks

Dave

Machine Mart for convenience and paying over the odds.

I buy a large amount of ratchets, straps, strops, chains, shackles etc for work, best supplier for both quality and price is Arinsdale at Grangemouth.

They are manufacturers as well as traders, TenSys is their brand.

To secure vehicles onto trailers, ideally you want a choker strap to secure around the tryes. We pay £6.50 for a choker strap set (6m strap, choker strap, short-handled ratchet). This is the most effective way of securing onto a trailer/flatbed, and is the industry standard.

...... We pay £6.50 for a choker strap set (6m strap, choker strap, short-handled ratchet). .......

That's a brilliant price.

I guess it's one of these http://www.arinsdale.com/ProductGuide/tabid/55/catId/1/subCatId/20/subCatId2/53/subCategory2/Straps%20for%20Single%20Vehicle%20Transport%20%20Recovery/default.aspx

Didn't actually know what they were called, but I do still have 4 choker strap bits (had taken them off my old straps just before they went missing).

Looks like great value for money, but due to needing them by Sunday I suspect a trip to machine mart is imminent.

Thanks for the replies so far. If anyone knows of any other national type shops that might have a branch near me then I'd be glad to hear it.

Thanks

Dave

If you are in Warwickshire, how far away from Cirencester are you? Lister Wilders have a loads of them on offer for about a tenner a strap (inc ratchet). I can't remember the ratings on them but they are well over the strength required to strap a 110 down to a trailer and they are 12m long...we use them for strapping bales to trailers but I cut some down for use with cars, it was cheaper than buying shorter ones at the time.

No problem, they have branches in Ashford, Bristol, Cirencester, Devizes, Guildford, Wallingford and Reading if that is any help. http://www.listerwilder.co.uk/home.php I have no connection to them, just used them a lot when I was at Uni. To be honest they are usually fairly pricey but items on offer are always good value.