Aluminium load space...

Hi All,

I want to line my 110 csw load space with aluminium, I'm not keen on the checker plate versions I've seen...

Does anyone know if there is a company making them out of anything else? Or where I can buy sheet aluminium with a different pattern?

Cheers,

Mike

I'm afraid I can't help you with that, but I have found trailer board and stable matting to be good for lining loadspaces with. They are significantly cheaper than alloy, easy to cut and reduce the 'drumming' noise much better. They are also a lot less slippy when wet.

I was going to make a sandwich, stable matting and aluminium... Where did you get the stable matting from?

I usually get it from a mate that runs a horse box repair business, somewhere like that would be best for off cuts etc, but any equine/agricultural supply company should stock it , Last time I looked, flebay wasn't too expensive, the main problem being that it is quite large/heavy to post.

This one may be close to you: http://www.iwestsussex.co.uk/profile/178649/Horsham/Rudgewick-Equine-and-Country-Supplies/

There are a lot of hardware shops that do the rubber on a roll, my local does a variety of thicknesses from 2mm flat to a heavy 5mm ribbed, they have a nice 3 bar tread in 3mm that I am looking to buy for Rusty when the grotty carpet comes out.