fitting bucket seats, but still want access to battery box

sammyb

How have people done this and still been able to get to the battery box?? I mainly want be able to jump start my truck as it does stand for peiods of time and not have to faff around with taking the seat out!!

Any tips or suggestions please :)

Sammy

personally i'd use andson connectors as put forward by frax,

i'd also suggest making up some long jump leads and changing one end of the leads to the anderson connectors leaving crocadile clips on the other end, (you'll be able to jump your motor, and others from yours) however your less likely of your leads going walkies, as average joe, wont want to use them as they'll need your truck too.

(speaking from experience,,,,, jump leads get borrowed and go walkies).

foxy.

I have seen a hatch in the side of the drivers seat box somewhere, think it was used more for storage and if I remember right it was the drivers seat - not that that would make any difference. Dont know if you could make it big enough to remove a battery though.

As Les says they are 175amp anderson connectors I got mine from ebay a seller called race-bolts I brought a fair few bits from him including some 50amp ones and boots for the 175amp ones.

Jason.

The bain of my life... I have a nifty design to fit a hinge but not got around to sorting it.

In the mean time I made up a cow tail with an anderson connector on just like as mentioned above. I used one of the rear battery box penetrations and a 30mm hole cut into the ali box section behind the seat to bring the tail up into the cab and behind the seat, nice and out the way. - also I think its Ralph that has his coming out the front of the seat box and screwed there perminantly...

Have a look at this thread for some battery-box/Anderson connector pr0n (totally unrelated subject):

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=65702entry566897

Or even, Lesmond's build:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=67196&st=120#entry659880

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=67196&st=180#entry683989

Which shows 3 isolators - which means you shouldn't have to open your battery box except to occasionally check the tightness of the terminals and apply a coat of Vaseline...oooeer.

Matt