Is this an alternative to ms

mikec

Not a huge amount

Both the above and MS will run Petrol / LPG twin maps etc

However the huge difference is in support. MS is Freeware / Shareware with a massive global support on the forums for nought, and the above is a commercial system.

additionally I would say MS will be under continours development and growth, as there are so many pouring so much into system developments, and in the same way that what I hope I do in me own little way albiet mainly for V8s

The other key issue is that whilst you get a load of stuff from the above your on yer own, with MS you are never alone, and I have worked on Canmes systems, whilst

they are good, very good they are not IMHO as user friendly as MS.

MS is a HUGE PITFA and thorn in the side of so many "Profesional" systems, they one thing that hacks me off is these same systems "Knock" MS as being an ametuer

system, hmmm, take a lookie then at MS3, it would run my bludy 5 series !

Horses for courses, not everyone likes or wants the same thing, so variety is the spice of life !

Nige

Has anyone cracked running LPG injectors with any of the MS ECUs?

If you are predominantly running on LPG this *looks* interesting. As always, the proof of the pudding is in the eating so it would be good to hear from a user.

This is what I was thinking, I thought you could only run LPG injectors directly from ms3???

The thing that keeps putting me off ms is that I'd be spending over a grand on a kit, to run injection, but would then be,for 99% of the time, running on LPG, which would then at best be running a blos, the only advantage in that setup is the ignition side of ms?? Maybe the solution for people like me is to run a carb(s) for the petrol and then run the ms for the LPG only, would that work?

I shall be attempting to get lpg injection working on ms1extra over the new year- I have the injectors already (valtek type 34's) need to get vap etc in and figure out what I am going to do. Will be using peak and hold boards from jbperf.com to allow me to use low and hi z injectors on same system without resistors.

Unfortunately other more mundane general maintenance keeps getting in the way!

hmmm, take a lookie then at MS3, it would run my bludy 5 series !

I'm afraid it wouldn't, I looked into it further when I was getting very fed up with the Motronic, and while it does CAN, it only does its own version for communicating with other MS products, so no dice using that for gearbox comms or whatever :(

I shall be attempting to get lpg injection working on ms1extra over the new year- I have the injectors already (valtek type 34's) need to get vap etc in and figure out what I am going to do. Will be using peak and hold boards from jbperf.com to allow me to use low and hi z injectors on same system without resistors.

Unfortunately other more mundane general maintenance keeps getting in the way!

Make sure you do a write up when you do :)

My Knowledge on LPG is not that great TBH having never bothered :(

However, a Thread about LPG on MS and options problems and solutons would be very interesting, that end I will open up a new discussion topis and hope amny will contribute ?

Similarly has anyone done a big twral of LPG research on www.msefi.com and the MS SnE Forum(s)

??

Nige

I think an lpg ms thread would be great- unfortunately most of the threads I have found on the various ms and extra forums have not been much help! All I do know is that (as mike said above) ms3 supports lpg apparently .

When I get my ar5e into gear I will post up my results... must rebuild my replacement front calipers first though :(

I looked into it after my thread a while ago. Possibly the easiest way to do it would just fit one to your ms the same way an installer would fit one to a normal injection setup, but obviously you wouldn't have control of the fuel. Rather annoyingly the p38 I broke a while back had a sequential system and I sold it for 100 quid! Really kicking myself about it now!