Exhaust couplers - Do they exist or have I got the wrong things?

Tetsu0san

Hi all

I recently bought a replacement center silencer and a rear exhaust for my 200Tdi Discovery which I tried to fit today. Although I bought them second hand they are both brand new and never used.

But I have a problem. The center silencer has flared ends to the pipes on both ends which will fit the down pipe OK but the new rear section also has a flared end so will not couple to the new center box.

All the new ends look like this:

post-16902-0-72059300-1360439405_thumb.jpg

The old center box has a flared end for the down pipe but the other end allows the back pipe to slide inside it (or over it, I can't remember) so will not fit the new rear section either.

Basically, have I bought the wrong bits or is there a kind of doughnut type coupler that I am missing and could purchase? I don't want to start hacking the exhaust to get it to fit so any help would be greatly appreciated.