HFH Moment 2013 - I near Ploppy Plop Plops myself

T'was the HFH Tigathon Today - TIGged up 16 Pegged diffs base plates.

Knowing I was going to be a busy bunny I did what I was taught at College and stacked rods vertically

near the welding area so as one finished I could "Find" another and carry on without delay....

Seemed a good Plan :)

I had been a weldin' most of the day and Steve working some of his magic on diffs, when I reached out for a new rod

1 x BIG belt later coupled with a giant flash me making a loud squeal, jumping clean off my seat dropping everything

Steve stopped and asked "WTF" was I doing

Its a True HFH H&S moment

I think I may need to find an alternate place for my TIG rods to rest whilst welding :blink:

Heres the workbench, with rod standing to attention

post-22-0-57335200-1362782416_thumb.jpg

Little Higher up .....

post-22-0-96884500-1362782448_thumb.jpg

Bit higher still

post-22-0-49149000-1362782467_thumb.jpg

tad More

post-22-0-55769000-1362782489_thumb.jpg

And for a clearer view

post-22-0-17297900-1362782516_thumb.jpg

Opps :blush:

H&S is a Bye word in my workshop :D

Ho Hum,

Nige

Oddly enough Nige, Mr Fridgefreezer and myself were treated to a similar 'moment' today... Just as we paused in an expectant moment to see if the latest bit of tech silliness would work, or let the smoke out, a mains cable across the bench drooped slowly down onto the soldering iron. There was a flash and a bang ond the whole lab went quiet.

Years ago my boss, being too tight to get the sparky in, wired his garage into the house supply with a little live working on the fusebox under the stairs.

All was going well until an old cb antenna fell over and handily put a short between the fusebox and the gas pipe. The resulting spout of flame trapped him in the understair cupboard until he reached through to the gas shutoff.

He came into work the next day with his forearm bandaged, but was quite happy cos both the gas and electric companies don't charge for emergency callout, so he got his garage wired in and his cooker re-plumbed for free :hysterical: