Any alternative to Britpart Swivel Ball

Monster

Hi Guys,

As a rule i try and avoid Britpart stuff for anything significant!

I need to replace the Swivel Ball on our Disco 300tdi.

Only Britpart seems to be readily available.

Are they any good? Anybody have any thoughts on them.

Its one of the only things they make that dont seem to get such bad reviews. I have one on my 110 and that has been there for about 18months and ~15,000 miles without issues now.

I wouldnt normally advise their parts, but like you, this was all i could get at the time. Not sure if Bearmach make them as an alternative?

I fitted 2 teflon ones to my old 90 and they seemed OK. But there is a thread on here with a teflon one that has rusted and pitted very quickly.

Why not find some good second hand ones? You can buy an entire axle for little money second hand nowadays...

Thanks guys.

Seems ok for the ball. How about the complete kit from Paddocks.

Did you guys use the britpart bearings/seals etc or do you use the oem or genuine bearing/seals with the Britpart ball?

Cheers.

I know they can do some good stuff. Just a case of knowing which is which!

Now, don't get lulled into a false sense of security. The swivel ball is is about it!

(they make nice blue and white boxes I suppose)

Britpart do 'G' parts, or at least they used to. The part number has a G on the end and these are meant to be OE parts and in my experience they are usually quality parts. But you do have to be careful and even if you specify a 'G' part then you might get a Sh*tpart. We have all heard stories of ordering something in the blue box and it's made of plasticine.

I can't see how they could get a swivel wrong though, but you just never know. I know that the one I fitted was OK and this wasn't a 'G' part.

But again, I would look for a good second hand one. They only pit and rust and that is easy to spot.