Series 3 guards onto a 110?

Hi all,

I have a 1986 110 with two completely buggered front guards. Unfortunately here in NZ it is near on impossible to get second hand body panels for these vehicles without selling your kidneys so Im looking for other options.

I know the arches and grill mounting locations are different, but is it possible to modify s3 guards to fit a 110?

Cheers

http://s93.photobucket.com/user/turoa/media/20130310_194536.jpg.html'>20130310_194536.jpg

Not really, you can change the skin, but you have to cut the series ones up to fit the arches as the wheel opening is a different shape. The front part is also a bit different. Its doable but its a lot of work. I modified series mud gaurds to fit 110 inner arches. Basically they are completely different but with work you could make them fit.

G

The front panels are very similar, so could be swapped and riveted to the Defender inner wing braces that support the slam panel. The outer wings will bolt straight on, and you can just cut the wheel arches, leaving tabs in the right places to be folded back in for the wheel arch spats to be clipped to. The wheel arch wouldn't be quite as rigid, but it works well enough.

Just a thought, Would it be feasible to try stage 1 v8 panels? There's not really a shortage of those in NZ, there's one being broken in Dunedin currently..

Yea thought about that but still the arch issue and the funny vents in the sides.

The front panels are very similar, so could be swapped and riveted to the Defender inner wing braces that support the slam panel. The outer wings will bolt straight on, and you can just cut the wheel arches, leaving tabs in the right places to be folded back in for the wheel arch spats to be clipped to. The wheel arch wouldn't be quite as rigid, but it works well enough.

Cheers, will have a look into that if I can find some cheap enough

I don't understand, those will polish out fine :huh:

Also a plan, Was trying to avoid it as it wont look perfect but worth a shot

Just saw these, a good opportunity? Someone wants the chequer plate so the guards are on their own it seems!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/landrover/auction-604342912.htm

Aah Ideal! added to watchlist. Although I may have just bought another whole 110 :blush: Just waiting on confirmation

you can put defender inner wings in series wings and cut out the series inner wing panels. its what i did to gain more room for engine bay stuff

they mount to the bulkhead the same and heres only a bit of cutting and drilling required (if holes dont line up)

Although I may have just bought another whole 110 :blush: Just waiting on confirmation

Just casually!

I wish I could do that for my stage 1! There's an ex army one down the road from me that was up for a bargain but is now under a tarp on his lawn... oh to have the cash. I would break it just for the army trim + front prop + proper landy wheels and tyres!

Just casually!

I wish I could do that for my stage 1! There's an ex army one down the road from me that was up for a bargain but is now under a tarp on his lawn... oh to have the cash. I would break it just for the army trim + front prop + proper landy wheels and tyres!

Not really casually. Just another case of being in the right place at the right time and a dad willing to grab it for because I live in another island :i-m_so_happy: Wouldn't have either of them if he wasn't as obsessed with rovers as I am. :D

And here is the parts one in all its glory. Ld28 and 5 speed

http://s93.photobucket.com/user/turoa/media/2013-06-23154015.jpg.html'>2013-06-23154015.jpg

Not really casually. Just another case of being in the right place at the right time and a dad willing to grab it for because I live in another island :i-m_so_happy: Wouldn't have either of them if he wasn't as obsessed with rovers as I am. :D

And here is the parts one in all its glory. Ld28 and 5 speed

Is that the one that went for a bargain price on Trade Me last week? A score!

Don