Inlet manifold cleaning tips???

gavfurn

Hi, fellas any of you got any tips for cleaning all the carbon build up in my inlet manifold???? Can you dunk it in a solution of sorts of is it best with hot soapy water,

When I did my head gasket it was nearly 1/4 inch thick I got a long thin brush to get the thick off but now it's kicking out loads of s@#t (loosened it up) any suggestions????

Mr. Muscle oven cleaner used to work wonders for many an engine component, could try a bath in caustic soda too? Then pop it in the dish washer to rinse it off and be sure to use finish power ball tablets and use extra rinse aid and it will be top notch clean!!!

Oh and yes the "DISH WASHER", I'm not divorced for nothing :hysterical:

Carbon is an absolute bugger to remove, nothing will dissolve it - it's an element - when I did the exhaust manifolds on my V8 I used one of the little steam cleaner thingies with a brass brush attachment, sort of worked but took an age.

The dishwasher method really does work, I favour the hot wash and Aldi dishwasher tablets. Followed by a lonely night in the spare bedroom when the wife gets home an hour early from work.....

just a quick note on the dishwasher method - make bloody sure that you clean the filter afterwards , even if the wife doesn't catch you at it, filters never lie...........