Confused about gearbox type

pgrbff

T box should be an lt230 with 1.4:1 ratio.

All this assumes its not been messed about with by anyone!

I'm pretty sure 90's and 110's have slightly different ratios in the t box from memory they are:- 1.44:1 in a 90, 1.41:1 in a 110 and if someone has buggered with it 1.22:1 with a disco t box.

Mike

Interesting, when I changed over my Disco from auto to a R380 manual - I did this at the local LR wreakers - most of the Defenders and Disco's were auto, so possibly exported units were commonly auto, the same goes incidentally for Range Rovers, I had a real hassle just getting the right parts from the various units (around 50) that were in the yard. So, should I have changed the transfer box as well?

Seriously though Mo, when I was in the market to buy a 4WD some 4 years ago I'd looked at Toyota's Troopcarriers, - too expensive for parts, Nissans had insufficient head room and were very costly fuel consumption wise and LR had the worlds best suspension system and a good 4 cylinder diesel so my first choice was a 110 with the 300TDi engine, (the 90 short wheel base being too small to carry all our campling gear) but the ones I inspected had either been trashed, were mechanically stuffed or overpriced, the Disco I ended up with while over burdened with the basic factory accessories (and over weight as all Discos are) was in as new condition and had a galvanised chassis, was previously owned by the Victorian Forestry Commission and had been maintained as per the service manual so it was an easy decision. It now runs sans all the soundproofing, no rear door furniture, no rear seats and enjoys a regular life of desert trips, to date some 60,000 kilometers.