Another Greenlane Trip, Invitation To All

Mo Murphy

I'll be keeping an eye out :-) can't wait to get out just I really don't trust this gearbox/clutch/master+slave cylinder at the moment. One or more of thems on the way out but it'll have to have minimum use till I get a chance to look next weekend :-(

Right I think I've decided - what the hell I'll come along. What sort of time were you thinking of starting on the Saturday? I don't particularly fancy battling the M25, M40 and M6 on a Friday night so I'll probably get up early on Saturday and head up then, that way at least I get a few hours sleep before hand.

Jamie, if you want you're more than welcome to have a ride with me if you fancy getting out and about over the weekend? Will be just me and the pup so plenty of space. The natural route for me would be to come off the M6 at Penrith anyway.

Mo - do you want me to bring the stuff up? Should be able to fit it in the boot of the Range Rover if I move the dog into the second row of seats, only thought is carrying it around all weekend - perhaps we could arrange to leave it at the pub? Saves you a trip down to me.

Ed

Still here... :)

Had a great day today... Few more lanes on the way to the Motorway tomorrow and then heading home...

Thanks to Stephen for leading our group all day today... Pictures uploaded when home.

Neil

A thoroughly enjoyable day out despite the mishap in the TDV8 cutting short the weekend a bit but at least I can get some jobs done today.

Thoroughly pleasurable company and hope everyone enjoyed the entertainment that the Range Rover provided!

Hopefully when everyone gets back they can upload some of the footage. Jamie got a good video of myself and James going up one of the lanes where Chris had rescued a beached Shogun.

[edit]

Just to add insult to wallet injury that tyre hadn't even covered 1000 miles yet...

Suppose it's one benefit of having a newer Range Rover - more cameras to see where things are going, perhaps a slightly more advanced pet project for me in the works...

[/edit]

post-26746-0-48118200-1396174967_thumb.jpg

post-26746-0-92590700-1396175507_thumb.jpg

I'd just like to say thanks to everyone for a good day out in good company with nice scenery.

Special thanks to ed and James for letting me tag along with them and an even bigger thanks to mo for offering me a meal.

Hope you's have a good day today and safe journeys home.

P.s I'll try to get the footage up ASAP

Jamie

Yes, a very enjoyable weekend I think. Thanks to all for coming along, 'not' organising, leading/providing info etc. A selection of pics...

post-10578-0-79475300-1396195198_thumb.jpg post-10578-0-05032500-1396195246_thumb.jpg post-10578-0-48053400-1396195044_thumb.jpg

post-10578-0-72167000-1396195076_thumb.jpg post-10578-0-03473200-1396195292_thumb.jpg post-10578-0-25115300-1396195329_thumb.jpg

1. Think this was Fox Lane on Saturday morning.

2. The recovery of the Mitsubishi thing (the driver looked a bit embarrassed when Ed drove his Range Rover straight up first time - electronics win!).

3. Looking up Gatescarth.

4. And on the way back down.

5. Over the top of Stile End.

6. And coming down the switch backs on the other side.