BULLOCKS!!!!!

discomikey

went home this weekend, wasnt the most lucky couple of days if i do say so myself.

it all started on friday morning.... i think.. the chevy and the mrs car due a service, no problem, up on the ramp one at a time, job done,

full check over them both, i need to spend a further £120 on a full set of disks and pads which was a nice surprise. but at least its done,

next on the list, fit a new non cracked radiator to the 6140, its been cracked for 3 years and dad finally got round to spending the £300 on one rather than waiting for £3000 worth of siezed engine.

book time is 2 hours

1 hour in, i uncover the slightly miffing fact that the whole loader system needs to come off to get at the only 2 M10 bolts that retain the bleeding thing. 4 hours later i gets in.

put kettle on, makes coffee, dad comes in, calf died not good 2 others ill so off to pick them up in the disco and take them to the vets.

get stuck up against the fence with disco and trailer, both perilously close to fairly major damage to bodywork (on a bank) and to top it off dad about knocks himself out climbing back into the disco after being chased by a not so happy mummy cow.

get back in, boils kettle, makes coffee, fence gone down,

it can wait,

noise from sheds,

pop round to have a look.

a set of about 10 18mth old bullocks had got out from their pen, which is in the shed where we store our tractors etc, where brian is currently sat out of harms way.

walk in theres straw everywhere and ladders pushed over. prop them back up. turn around and for the first time see my truck,

:o FFS, B****rd F****ing W***y C***ing (you get the gist) animals,..... :angry2:

at least 4 of the bullocks have horns, and with them weighing about 3/4 of a ton of pure muscle and horns, they all decided my truck looked like a good rubbing post. not a straight panel left on the thing!!!

to top that off, its not insured so i have to shell out the delight of finding 2 straight doors, a pair of straight wings, spend some serious time on the rear tub and see if i can make the bonnet less horn dented too!!!

then just to top the day off, mum had been out with the horse trailer we recently aquired, after much mickey taking about women drivers and "not bending the new trailer" i procede to park the trailer up, taking it up the alley between the 2 buildings in the yard when, BANG..... one of those little "barn door" type top half rear doors which was pinned open against the side of the trailer had swung free, and you guessed it..... as it swung round, caught the building and knackered the door, and hinges up.

and because horsey poeple are loaded Ifor williams have taken the privelidge of asking for lots of money for spare parts!!

no pictures obviously i was a little too miffed for that, will take some at the weekend though

FINALLY,

got in, go to drink coffee and then spit it all out as it had been standing for 2 hours and was cold.

ahh well life is such :rolleyes:

Christ that's a bad day! If it's any consolation, I had to repair the heat shield on the Tdci's turbo, and while the bonnet was propped up, the wind got under it and flipped it against the wind screen. The back of the bulge now has a row of dents from the wiper arms. At least the heat shield was a quick fix - it just needed a penny washer under a bolt head to overlap the hole that had ripped out under the bolt head. But it's a shame that fitting that one washer is going to cost a couple of hundred pounds in body repairs...

Sorry to read of your mis fortune. But that's what you get for giving your LandRover the same name as a Monty Python character.

And there was I thinking he was a Magic Roundabout fan!.... Perhaps Ermintrude put out a contract on Brian :rofl::rofl: