old Sodbury. ..6th ..ie today

Steve and i went...weather was ok

Great day at old Sodbury. .

Do not understand why peeps say " you can't put old diffs in that 5 series........."

Here's the proof you can actually get 11 in..2 300 tdi Def airboxs. .20 v8 duzxys tdi wiring loom. ...trolley tie down rackets clutch bits milling machine tools headlamps me trolley wheels and tyres 90 trim parts....easy

...It can be done.....

:Dpost-22-0-37755900-1396799092_thumb.jpg

So....who went ?

Saw Mr Fridge TSD Daan Ash mike b a d others so know formers wiz there ...

.Good day ...buying / selling ??

That is impressive. I had a good day. Mcdonalds breakfast sorted out the mild hangover and finding a reasonably priced upper tailgate for a series made the trip worthwhile.

Also picked up some closed cell foam for lining the roof and a few nuts and bolts but the tailgate was what I was really hoping to find.

Very glad the rain held off

I bought a LOT of string, some new boots and a multi - way mains socket. Failed to find the LR bits I was looking for though.

Nice to see and chat to all the people from here - worth the entry just for that.

Si

I got a few useful bits, also ran into lots of people, most of whom I've had the pleasure of extracting from a ditch / tank ruts / tree / lake in various comp safari cars. Stumbled upon Mike's fancy defender dashboards which looked very nice; Mike was off somewhere else at the time tho.

@Nige - You may have got all that in the boot, but how much of the exhaust did you leave in a car park trying to get out?

Also very glad the weather was as kind as it was - didn't look promising from the forecast yesterday.

Missed Nige

Set up and popped up 9x9 Army tent and fired up cooker for bacon rolls n coffee

Sold most of the items I took, some "make me an offer " items were very generously offered and money's taken,

Maybe a little quieter than last ? But what wiv the dodgey weather I'm not suprised,

Suppose I'll go back again next time

I Stumbled upon Mike's fancy defender dashboards which looked very nice; Mike was off somewhere else at the time tho.

Ah that explains it the wife did say some bloke had a look at the dashboards but steamed to know more about them than she did :-b (not hard I must say).

Mike

Ah that explains it the wife did say some bloke had a look at the dashboards but steamed to know more about them than she did :-b (not hard I must say).

Mike

She had a good sales pitch - advance orders for a 10% discount and gave me a flyer.

I like the fact that they are a bit different, and good use of the discovery clocks.

Do you find that the 'shelf' bit on the passenger side could do with a bit of a lip on the front of it to stop stuff ending up in the footwell?

Yes it could do with a lip but that is impossible to mould in was going to add one on 45 but never got around to it. It does mean we don't fill the dash with very useful stuff that fall's out off-road. Teresa suggested a grab handle or cargo net there but that's the point you can do what suits.

Mike

I was there next to Mike, wasn't as wet or as quiet as I had feared given the forecast, think it went quite well overall.

Saw a lot of faces, managed to flog / palm off a lot of stuff which was good although the car was almost as full on the way home as when I arrived, don't know how that happened as I only bought a couple of jerry cans (£2 each, who could resist?) and an air filter.

Glad the rain held off as it would not have been nice, managed to get me replacement door and got a Donaldson 2 stage defender 300tdi air filter for 15 quid, wished I had a bigger motor with me as I could have spent loads of money there.