LPG Tank connection thread(s)

I'm looking to pull a pair of Prakto 120L LPG tanks out of our 127, now a bit of googling suggests the tanks are self-sealing & fail-safe, as in the solenoids are "normally closed" type and the filler valve is one-way, but just to make sure I'm going to buy blanking caps / stop-ends for the connections.

However, none of the LPG docs actually say what the threads on the connections are. Does anyone know off the top of their head, or have pointers to likely ones?

Also, anyone wanna buy a twin-tank LPG kit for a V8? ^_^

I thought those LPG tanks were the big plus point of your new truck? Never heard of the brand by the way.

Not really, they're huge, in the "living area", and we're unlikely to do enough miles to warrant it. Also they get you banned from Eurotunnel.

The tank brand will likely be Stako. Not sure about threads though. Give Tinley Tech a call, they will know for sure.

Those are F big tanks, don't think many will be able to accommodate them. However I shall enquire with a man I know who runs 4.6 Defender 6 wheelers

Probably M10x1.

They're definitely bigger than that, one is close to 3/8" BSP sort of size, the other is close to 1/2" BSP sort of size. However, being made in Europe and being gas fitting I'm not so sure they would be regular BSP.

Ah. Yeah, I wasn't sure, but most LPG type stuff are standard gas fittings.

The thread on the filler is (1/2"?)BSP, so I wouldn't be surprised it other big fittings are too.

The M10/M12 stuff is more for the high-pressure lines.

Your best bet is to take some pictures and ask on lpgforum.co.uk, very helpful guys there.

But the internet is right, you shouldn't need the blanking caps. Quite a bit of gas (volume-wise, not actually that much gas) will come out of the filler when you loose that. Easiest thing to do there is take a long screwdriver, put on some welding gloves, and poke it in the filler to empty it out.

Not really, they're huge, in the "living area", and we're unlikely to do enough miles to warrant it. Also they get you banned from Eurotunnel.

Are there still ferys going? Leave one in, would be my advice. I can see the argument if you were to pay for the install, but if it is there, leave it.

bedtime reading:

http://www.mylpg.eu/lpg-prices-across-europe

Are there still ferys going? Leave one in, would be my advice.

That wasn't really my question - they're coming out. If you want them on your truck, I'll do you a very good price, but I have no need/use/want for them taking up ~250 litres of storage space in the back of my truck.

Right, the big ones (fill valve) were 3/8" NPT, the solenoids were 1/4" BSP (although I believe NPT is close enough it'd fit), in the end plenty of PTFE tape should make double triple sure what little gas there is stays put.

Zoltan: Tanks are about 1050mm long, 400mm diameter plus the filler plate bit. Both tanks have gauges, one has a feed for an electrical fuel gauge too.

web_IMG_1679.JPG