Vapour build, td5 disco body on defender chassis.

Why? Rotten chassis on the d2?

You d have to do a bit with outriggers, gearboxes, panels, glass, as well as ace/bcu etc. Possible, maybe expensive, could be dvla issues, but possible.

A double cab disco 2 pickup on a 130 chassis would be kinda cool, though!

I was mulling this over the other day thinking about a suitable 6bt project....... I have put a D2 on a galv chassis and built a ute style D1 amongst other projects.

I would fabricate the body shape/style desired from the disco body and then cut the sills out to fit box section rocksliders that would pick up on the 110 or 130 chassis outriggers. I would then fab up some challenge style defender esque front wings and a flatbed/dropside rear body. That way no chassis mods would be required so the 110/130 ID can be retained. You could use the disco loom if you used the disco engine or I'm sure a higher spec defender loom would work everthing except the disco binicle but this could be adapted to use 300 gauges or even defender gauges as a freind has done with a puma dash in a 300tdi defender.

All really simple if you read it fast......

Will.

One of the land rover magazines had a cool RRC in it maybe 10-15 years ago, it was stretched to 130 and built as a double cab ute/pickup. I think it was some sort of recovery vehicle, had a camo paint job. I never managed to find a picture of it on the net though

• 4 months later...