Turbo boost pipe

the pump will sense actual inlet manifold pressure rather than turbo pressure. this should in theory give it a bit more oomph and responsiveness but also a little more black smoke (which is obviously awesome anyway) :) if you plumb the wastegate into there too the turbo will become slightly more responsive and will boost slightly harder too.

this is all due to the pressure drop between the turbo and the inlet manifold

the pump will sense actual inlet manifold pressure rather than turbo pressure. this should in theory give it a bit more oomph and responsiveness but also a little more black smoke (which is obviously awesome anyway) :) if you plumb the wastegate into there too the turbo will become slightly more responsive and will boost slightly harder too.

Sounds good to me, why dont people do it then, haven't seen it before. makes sense to monitor pressure at manifold rather than at turbo?

There you go then, you're all set up :)

Personally I wouldn't bother, Land Rover set the engine and fuelling up on the basis of the expected pressure loss in the intercooler/pipework.

You'll get a boost of performance through doing it though, if you're happy to put the (admittedly small) extra load on the engine. I'm not, so I don't.

I agree with Retro, if you're looking for more power, and the (possible) reduced engine life expectancy, connect the FIP to the manifold, however if you want your motor to remain standard and have slightly lower power and a longer engine life, leave it as is and simply use the connection shown on the manifold to operate a boost guage.

Erm, I thought the question was to connect the boost pipe to the manifold not the wastegate control pipe. All the responses are relating to the wastegate pipe not the boost pipe that goes to the injector pump.

look at my post :) i spoke about both

look at my post :) i spoke about both

How will it give more responsiveness? Surely connecting the boost pipe there will cause an extra lag for the on boost fuelling.

Will it give a little more black smoke? The pressure at the manifold will be slightly lower so theoretically it will result in less on boost fuel.

To get more oomph without tweaking the wastegate, the actuator will need to see less boost whilst the turbo spools. If the actuator is connected to a source that sees slightly less boost pressure than the turbo is producing, then the turbo will need to make more boost to cause the wastegate to open. Similar to fitting a bleed valve on the actuator feed pipe to "trick" the wastegate/actuator in staying closed longer. Not a great tuning method, but it works. This was a favourite method on RS turbos back in the day lol

How will it give more responsiveness? Surely connecting the boost pipe there will cause an extra lag for the on boost fuelling.

Will it give a little more black smoke? The pressure at the manifold will be slightly lower so theoretically it will result in less on boost fuel.

to be quite honest CW, i was blatantly chatting utter codswallop there, and you are correct.

have you got a fork i can use for this pie?