insuranc again

JST

just had the quotes through:

'99 td5 hardtop 90 - £284

'84 tdi truck cab £206

both fully comp, 6YNCB, with all declared mods.

That good, is it worth ringing around or just go for the renewal?

James FYI the NFU will void insurance if the vehicle is used off road in a competitive event of any kind. I had that problem with them a while ago.

Will - yep aware of that one, there arent many road policies that will cover you whilst paying to compete on private land.

anyway surely yours is SORN and everything now isint it, you dont need insurance if its off the road do you???

Will - yep aware of that one, there arent many road policies that will cover you whilst paying to compete on private land.

anyway surely yours is SORN and everything now isint it, you dont need insurance if its off the road do you???

Yep, sorn at the mo.

However, the letter I got through suggested any competitive use would void the on road cover too. I'd just check to make sure before signing on the dotted line.

for what, speeding on a quadbike... :D

the other option - don't tell them... how are they gona know if you compete in it? its not as if you claim on the insurance when you dent a wing is it... you just buy another one and no one knows the difference.

More IIRC - I live in an urban area... and had a soiled licence at renewal.

Chris

Edited: Just checked, £213.90.

for what, speeding on a quadbike... :D

the other option - don't tell them... how are they gona know if you compete in it? its not as if you claim on the insurance when you dent a wing is it... you just buy another one and no one knows the difference.

Would any of the comps allow you to take part without valid insurance?

Doubt it would work out cheaper but you could get separate competition insurance on the day. One of my team does that when he takes his MR2 on track days.

My NFU insurance is a bit dearer than that - £550ish :( That is ungaraged in Birmingham, I'm under 30 (just) and all drivers over 25 though. Disco Tdi or V8 Range Rover doesn't make much difference.

One of my friends has just been refused insurance by the NFU - they weren't prepared to insure him because of his profession. He's an avionics technician - what on earth is high risk about that? :blink:

Your friend is he in the RAF by any chance as i have had exactly the same problem with NFU as i am Forces and live on the base they have refused to insure me. In the end i have gone through Adrain Flux and think i have got quite a resonable deal with them.

£250 per year not using my no claims and covers me off roading and green laning but not in comps

Your friend is he in the RAF by any chance as i have had exactly the same problem with NFU as i am Forces and live on the base they have refused to insure me. In the end i have gone through Adrain Flux and think i have got quite a resonable deal with them.

£250 per year not using my no claims and covers me off roading and green laning but not in comps

Nope, he works for a commercial company and lives in a very ordinary street in Birmingham.

My parents have been nfu members for nearly 30 years, and neva had a problem with them.

When i bought my rangie 6 months ago, i took out my own policy with them, 20yr old, 0 NCD, clean licence, on a standard factory tdi rangie; (hold ur breath)

£1540 fully comp....

£1340 3rd party f&t....

im just about to convert it to irish, and im being quoted 1500euro (£1000) fully comp with no previous history with the company....

i love it over here!