£500 90 TD

JST

Well it was on the firms books for £52 but as my father in law felt compelled to pay them more he gave them £500, now i've got it for some work to do:

Spec

E Reg 19J TD Hardtop

1 owner

42k miles

FSH

12mths MOT

bare basic model vehicle.

asitcameSmall.jpg

InteriorSmall.jpg

Following will be done over time

radio and acoustic matting to go in the front.

some soundproofing to go in the rear. (when Pugwash orders his)

disc rear axle

alloys and 265/75 BFG ATs (because it needs new tyres and found a cheap(ish) deal for both)

waxoyl chassis

paint rear cross member as its rusty as h*ll

alot of TLC and cleaning.

oh and the bulkhead needs replacing:

BulkheadtopSmall.jpg

BulkheadbottomSmall.jpg

so will have some 6.00R16 tyres and rims available soon! and a drum rear axle.

That aside the rest of the vehicle is pretty good for the age, normal rust on the cappings at the sides, door bottoms a little sorry for themselves, but no leaks, doesn't smoke, runs well, and has PAS.

In time a tdi will go in it so anyone who knows of one comng up with known history in SW area please let me know, def/disco 200/300 all considered. must be running and complete though.

why give more than what they were asking.... instead of a superb bargain its just a bargain... :D

although still a fair way to go to beat my bargain of £300 quid for 200 tdi csw - -requiring engine assistance.

:D

Well it was on the firms books for £52 but as my father in law felt compelled to pay them more he gave them £500, now i've got it for some work to do:

Spec

E Reg 19J TD Hardtop

1 owner

42k miles

FSH

12mths MOT

bare basic model vehicle.

asitcameSmall.jpg

InteriorSmall.jpg

Following will be done over time

radio and acoustic matting to go in the front.

some soundproofing to go in the rear. (when Pugwash orders his)

disc rear axle

alloys and 265/75 BFG ATs (because it needs new tyres and found a cheap(ish) deal for both)

waxoyl chassis

paint rear cross member as its rusty as h*ll

alot of TLC and cleaning.

oh and the bulkhead needs replacing:

BulkheadtopSmall.jpg

BulkheadbottomSmall.jpg

so will have some 6.00R16 tyres and rims available soon! and a drum rear axle.

That aside the rest of the vehicle is pretty good for the age, normal rust on the cappings at the sides, door bottoms a little sorry for themselves, but no leaks, doesn't smoke, runs well, and has PAS.

In time a tdi will go in it so anyone who knows of one comng up with known history in SW area please let me know, def/disco 200/300 all considered. must be running and complete though.

the other side of the bulkhead by the bottom hinge is holed (battery went on camera before i got that far!) hence the decision to replace rather than patch.

having patched mine and done a complete replacement on another they both took the same man hours so £100 for bulkhead with good top and bottom parts or £30 on top panels and still have holes at the bottom of it!

so will go for changing the bulkhead.

lucky git some people have all the luck.........

its good to see a normal punter get a good deal rather than some trader who really would have bought it for £50 and then sold it for £2000!!!

happy motoring to your "honest" father in law :D:D

G

• 1 month later...

very easy weld repair, top door hinge mount pushed in nowt else wrong on it.

the bulkhead is as good as new otherwise.

If you catch mike today some time he is coming over here sometime soon to collect some gear he could drop it off to you onroute/meet somewhere.

Guest dew110CSW

Looks a nice 90 - Good price as well.

Can't see the logic in spending the money on a tdi though (dons flameproofs). Landies are not built for speed, and as long as the TD in it is solid it should be good to quadruple the mileage at least. Save the money for some more meaninful mods.