radius arm bush replacement ....help

Hi all very fed up at the moment as have my left front radius arm off and got the old bushes out but cannot for the life of me get the new ones in. Have tried jacking the front of my other series 3 on to the bush and into the arm hole but is not having any of it.Managed to get one in but now need to go somewhere to have them pressed in.

Question :can I also take the other radius arm of and have the whole axel on stands so that Ionly have to go once to have the bushes pressed in?? Could there be any problem in doing both radius arms off at same time.

Anyone offer advice or suggestions please need to be back on the road asap

SORRY meant to say these are origional metalastic bushes although from britpart (but with a G ending part number)

Dont want to go poly bushed route thanks

If you remove the other side. ... PUT THE STANDS UNDER THE CHASSIS! !

The axle will twist and be unstable without either arm....

re bushes. .. they really need to be put in with a decent press..... square. .. otherwise you just struggle forever. ..

For info. . Where are you roughly? ?

If you remove the other side. ... PUT THE STANDS UNDER THE CHASSIS! !

The axle will twist and be unstable without either arm....

re bushes. .. they really need to be put in with a decent press..... square. .. otherwise you just struggle forever. ..

For info. . Where are you roughly? ?

Thanks for the super quick reply I need it, , unfortunatelyI am in Cape Town (expat now living here),

When you say have the axle stands under chassis rails do you mean ONLY under rails or ALSO under the axle whilst I remove both arms (when I took the left arm off I just supported the axle itself-where it still is)

Will go to have them pressed in by reputable suspension outfit once off

Wish I had at the beginning but now will be too much searching about for a quality set at decent price....here in SA prices are at least 100% more than UK and most is Britpart, for the 4 front and 4 rear radius arm bushes (for the front axle) was over 50 UK POUNDS! !!!!

Don't even waste your time trying to get them in without a hydraulic press. I have access to a relatively small bench mounted one and they were a bit of a struggle with that.

As above you need to support the chassis if you take both radius arms off. I did both mine at the same time with the chassis jacked up with a wooden beam under the bumper outriggers and axle stand under the chassis legs as belt and braces. Make sure you support the chassis on wooden block acroos the width of the chassis rail though. An axle stand in the misddle could quite easily dent it it is got the weight of the landy on it.

Thanks for the super quick reply I need it, , unfortunatelyI am in Cape Town (expat now living here),

When you say have the axle stands under chassis rails do you mean ONLY under rails or ALSO under the axle whilst I remove both arms (when I took the left arm off I just supported the axle itself-where it still is)

Will go to have them pressed in by reputable suspension outfit once off

Both?

Better safe than sorry, honestly, more support is better than less. The suggestion I think was actually just for the chassis.

Cheers all! Have 4 new bushes pressed into the arms and went so easily tgatit made a mockery of my efforts yesterday with jack on my old series landy trying to push then in with its full weight.just need to tighten up now and good to go

Many many thanks