Phosphor bronze bush removal from stub axle

Planning to buy new stub axle but want to re use my original bush.

Any tips on how to get it off suspect using heat to expand it but would welcome advice.

Plus was going for Bearmach stub rather than cheaper Britpart option is it worth paying the extra ?

I don't know this assembly, a Defender being too new for me, but I understand that phosphor bronze is 'brass with oil added', and that heating it to any significant degree (such as to get a noticeable size change) will force the oil out of the material, destroying its self lubricating properties.

Others should step in to provide correction or verification, as they see fit.

Regards.

Problem sorted used stanley blade tapped it around the back until I could get a flat screwdriver blade behind then worked aroind gently teasing it off.

So its off with no damage.

• Like 1

I don't know this assembly, a Defender being too new for me, but I understand that phosphor bronze is 'brass with oil added', and that heating it to any significant degree (such as to get a noticeable size change) will force the oil out of the material, destroying its self lubricating properties.

Others should step in to provide correction or verification, as they see fit.

Regards.

:hysterical: this brightened up my Monday morning.