Early 110 SW - Remote Door Handle

The driver's door inside remote door handle on my 1983 SW is completely k******ed - the metal pull lever has folded and is about to break.

Unfortunately the part number (MUC1216) comes up as NLA with every firm I go to.

Before I start trawling breakers, it occurred to me that the part looks remarkably similar to the item fitted to later model MGBs (CZK3792) - which is readily available at reasonable prices.

Given BL's habit in the early 80s of using standard 'parts bin' items where possible across several ranges, does anyone know if the MGB item is a workable substitute for the LR one ?

Thanks.

Nick

The release handles on my 1986 110 look very similar to those used on the Marina (same stable etc).

The four door RRC, Maestro/Montego and then the Disco 1 all use the Marina external door handles.

Continuing the search for an alternative - does anyone know if the RH inner door remote control handle (as fitted to 90/110 from 1984-86) could be made to fit in the 1983 inner door setup ?

Thanks for all the thoughts above.

Well, the MGB item, although derived from the same basic door handle mechanism, can't be made to work - all the actuating connectors for the door latch are different, although the connection for the remote locking mechanism is the same.

Here's a clearer couple of pics of my problem part.

IMGP0010_zpsyvjfkbdw.jpg

IMGP0009_zpsuewazzzh.jpg

IMGP0007_zpss1tjlu7f.jpg

• 1 year later...