Ok, it may not run right (ok it doesn't)

Hybrid_From_Hell

On one of its Non Misfire moments I decided to give the EDIS MegaJolt a water test....

Stuff the bow wave and all that, I wnated to see if it would drown as a V8 normally does with a tickle of water in and around it.....

A reasonable test :D .............

WATER-001Medium.jpg

In under out and all fine..........till whatever is plaging me woke up again.....

Nige

Now, if I could just sort that misfire out................. :angry:

Nige.

Carefull with your speed into a puddle, you might find you will lose control due to aquaplaning. Your tires might loose grip on the road due to the water.:)

Does your wife laugh at you when you attack a puddle. You know, because of that little hole in the seat box that directs water all over your legs and crotch when you do that? Or is that just my wife and Land Rover that that happens with?

Oooooooooo No

The misfire has been plaguing me now on and off for a few months.

The amount of effort and testing done by myself and others is beyond belief.

I have a few more things to do to it yet before I sit wondering "What Else", but the list left is getting smaller and smaller....

Injector change x8 is next on the list

plus some elctrical tests and swaps..... from the brains of BBC and JW

This was one of its "Behaving" moments. :)

Which sadly at the moment is geting less so :angry:

But, at least at the moment with it having such a bad misfire I can do the "serachy" bit, normally when I have set aside time to diagnose it - turns key and all is well :(

driving me mad !

Nige

On one of its Non Misfire moments I decided to give the EDIS MegaJolt a water test....

Stuff the bow wave and all that, I wnated to see if it would drown as a V8 normally does with a tickle of water in and around it.....

A reasonable test :D .............

BagshotCar03g.jpg

BagshotCar03c.jpg

V8 on distributor and carb. Never missed a beat but I would have liked door tops. :(

Photos courtesy of Mark Fell

Nigel

You could help it by doing what they do here in Aus. They go and buy a cheap compressoer. (sort to pump up your tyres) and then drill a hole in the dissy cap and when they are going near water they turn it on and fill the dissy with air and hence keeping the water out. Same as they do to their winches for the same reason

Meet a chap the other day who had three compressors and they filled his two axles, gearbox, transfer box, Dissy and both winches with air at the flick of one switch. mmmm