MOT Woes

Simon_CSK

Went to take my car down to the garage 40 miles away for the MOT. Loads my P38 on the trailer so I could come back (Disco more fuel efficient) gets half way and bang the gearbox explodes and I loose all drive.

Have you every tried to unload a trailer move cars around and reload a trailer on a busy dual carriage way. The first thing I did when I stopped was put a set of beacons on the roof of the Discovery and put hazard lights on. I then set about unloading the Range Rover only to see a van swerve at the last minute across the lane. How he did not see me I will never know as I had coasted down a hill so there was loads of visibility. He was very lucky not to cause an accident. I am not sure what more I could have done.

I worked a quickly as I could always keeping an eye on the traffic.

It's the lorry drivers using the rumble strip to guide their rig while texting their girlfriend/lover/mate etc that scares me.

Guess it didn't pass then :(

Fortunately he managed to miss me, miss anything else and not cause an accident. He was very lucky that he had room to manouver

MOT was supposed to be tomorrow but I think the first job will be to make the thing drive :o

I suppose if there was ever a 'good' time to have a catastrophic breakdown like that it would be while towing a spare car!

Glad to hear you came out of it unscathed.

And every Landy owner should probably tow one everywhere :hysterical:

Warning triangle?

Amazing how many people never stick one out, or stick one out 10yds from the back bumper.

Hind sight is a wonderful thing. Will probably get one now. :wacko:

I didn't mean "You muppet, use a warning triangle", just that it's about the only other thing you could've done. Quite common practice in eastern Europe / Russia to just use an old oil bottle and stand it in the road instead, basically anything that makes people sit up & take notice. Spare tyre wrapped in high-vis jacket, etc. etc.

I can see the claim form, so I hit this }%^^#} great big Land Rover wheel :-)

Yep in lots of mainland EU, you have to have (and use) the triangle and wear your hi-vi. All our lease cars come with them now which is handy as they don't break down so I keep mine safe in the 90 where it's more use .

I didn't mean "You muppet, use a warning triangle", just that it's about the only other thing you could've done. Quite common practice in eastern Europe / Russia to just use an old oil bottle and stand it in the road instead, basically anything that makes people sit up & take notice. Spare tyre wrapped in high-vis jacket, etc. etc.

But it is a valid point. But something that could be hit would cause the vehicle to sit up and take notice.