Are My Pulleys Wrong

as above I suspect the groove width is the same,

IIRC you've got etc7394 fitted now which comes up on Gates website as a 10mm & 13mm wide belts

gates part AVX13 x 1000La 13mm wide x 1000mm long [for fan] & the top 2 in the link are Alt belts 10mm wide

http://www.gatesautocat.com/drive/LANDROVER/Defender-110/LDH/21G/09-90_12-94/17636

maybe live with the 10mm wide belt, the 13mm may sit to far up the alt pulley groove

Maybe I'm worrying about nothing then.

I will put some tension on the belt and try and take some closer pics of the waterpump and crank pulleys. Maybe I could put a little tippex on the belt to make sure the belt isn't "bottoming out" on the pulleys??

Would it be worthwhile either having my alternator pulley modified to accept the 13mm belt, or as suggested earlier having one made to accept the bigger belt?

Would I be correct in thinking that the larger belt would offer a bit more traction considering I'm using a 120A alternator?

• 1 month later...

Just a little update on this.

Vulcan Bomber very kindly turned me a custom stainless pulley for my Bosch alternator. He has made this suitable to accept a 13mm v-belt.

Not only does it look stonking, but I'm hoping that by being able to utilise a 13mm belt rather than the 10mm, the extra surface area traction will help me a little seeing as my alternator is 120A..

And I've just checked it against the Dayco 13mm belt I have for the power steering pump and it fits perfectly!

post-4644-0-19838600-1442077689_thumb.jpg

post-4644-0-58368000-1442077714_thumb.jpg