v8 options...

=jon=

Tyre size may influence this decision, but with 265/75R16, and later 255/85R16 I found my 3.9 auto horrible to drive with a 1.2:1.

Long hills were a struggle and needed a manual down shift, or flooring to make it kick down.

I found on rural roads it never had a chance to lock up in top.

Changing ratio to 1.4:1 totally transformed the drive.

The forum ate a couple of my posts, but this is exactly my experience when I moved to 33", gearing was too tall, yes more revs at cruise, but that doesn't mean more fuel, actually ;)

Oh, and even with an auto I get the tyres chirping when hoofing it from a junction! :)

Oh and can you reply to my previous post and let me know if your going to bid on the engine I linked to.

Sorry - missed that... Go for it - upping the power is a long term plan, I have some other projects I have to get finished first!!

I've a turbocharged mazda mx5 that's been gathering dust after an engine rebuild for close to 2 years (runs but needs some rewiring, running in and remapping) - I think if I took another project on that required an engine rebuild/swap I would get some comments from the family!! ;)

If I was going to continue to add mods to it then I would consider ms...... However the only thing that will happen when needed is a rebuild. .. thankfully I think its a while away from that yet..

I would re-look at MS - A chip gets you a generic tune for an engine somewhat like yours, MS gets tuned to your engine and vehicle (which does make a difference to how you tune it). Also does away with dizzy if you go EDIS which makes a BIG difference especially on LPG, the Rover/Lucas dizzy setup is weak at best. And you can transfer it to any future engine / vehicle with only a change of settings rather than having to buy another chip.

Hi Jon,

The mixer ring does certainly restrict the flow a bit. There was a loss of power after fitting it. But as you say LPG saves the wallet and that was a compromise.

I did consider a multipoint injection as an upgrade.

IIRC the spare block has higher compression ratio, which was my other plan for a bit more power.