Ideal greenlaner or transporter??

marsie

post-839-1163713388_thumb.jpgpost-839-1163713417_thumb.jpgHad this motor in our workshop today and thought it would make a great greenlaner or even a transporter for my challenge car :blink: .Could even recover my car when i break it in the middle of a Scottish bog.Would also make the ideal transport for inner london maybe :lol: .Buy one and keep the tree huggers happy :ph34r:

Paul

MMMM :i-m_so_happy: Foden 8x6 IMMLC DROPS :i-m_so_happy: the Scammel MMLC version is neat too.

DROPS

Demountable Rack Offload and Pickup System (DROPS) vehicles form the logistic backbone of the British Army. There are two types of vehicle – the Leyland Medium Mobility Load Carrier (MMLC), and the Foden Improved Medium Mobility Load Carrier (IMMLC). Both trucks are 8x6 load carriers with a 15-tonne flatrack payload, allowing the rapid loading and unloading of flatracks or containers. IMMLC is used primarily as an ammunition carrier in support of AS90 155mm self-propelled guns. MMLC operates solo, or towing a skeleton trailer. It can be deployed with Simple Rail Transfer Equipment (SRTE) for unloading and loading railway flat cars

Length 9.11m.

Height 3.18m.

Width 2.5m.

Weight (kerb) 14,040kg.

Weight (laden) 32,000kg (MMLC), 32,960kg (IMMLC).

Engine 350hp Perkins Eagle diesel

Edited by western

post-839-1163713388_thumb.jpgpost-839-1163713417_thumb.jpgHad this motor in our workshop today and thought it would make a great greenlaner or even a transporter for my challenge car :blink: .Could even recover my car when i break it in the middle of a Scottish bog.Would also make the ideal transport for inner london maybe :lol: .Buy one and keep the tree huggers happy :ph34r:

Paul

Just got back from Canada and had 1 of these in my little fleet of veh. Crazy system over there. I had 7 blokes working for me and I had 1 x GMC pick up ( my car), 1 x Daf Drops (as pictured), 2 x Bedford MJ 4 ton truck and finaly 3 x Daf tipper 4 ton truck.

A huge amount of money tied up but it meant that I was totaly self sufficient to get my blokes out and about to do all our work.

I'd hate to think of the repair bill for all the work we had done to them all. In 6 months my truck had 15 tyres, transfer box, new front shocks twice, new front drive shafts and a new windscreen. " new wiring looms for the Bedfords ( 2 loom fires), a NEW cab for the Daf tipper after an unfortuanate recovery situation ( less said the better. Plus the usual service costs with a service every 3500km. The GMC needed 10 services in the time I was there.

But all this helped to implement the training for all the boys off on Operations in the next 12 months so was money well spent.

i drove a 6x6 foden wrecker a few years back.... absolutely awesome... been hooked on monster military stuff ever since.... one day i'll have a huge army tow truck.... :D

if you've got the cash waiting these 300 odd Foden recovery trucks will be replaced in the next few years with new MAN/ERF recovery vehicles.