Snorkel options and Fitting

siearl

Still putting my wants list together and as the Mrs has kindly said for xmas i may get myself something i thought about one of the snorkels, now it is a 3.9 RR V8 in there has anyone added on to theirs and if so how as i dont have the side vents

If you are not going extreme !! go for the Safari's, excellent piece of kit, looks the best ( own option! ) very tough, but if you are using the Landrover like god intended,, go for the Southdown,

I had a Safari's on the hybrid, took a lot of abuse, but to the stage of buckling the wing before busting the pipe!! so is now in the process of being change to the Southdown, no where near as pretty, but functional, (but then again, why I am bothering is in doubt,, V8 and water do not work, (unless your name is Nige !! :lol: )

Have a Safari's one in the workshop, that may find its way onto the 110 mind

Will - have you seen the state of Tims Safari one lately!!!! thats why he now has a southdown.

one day he may even fit it!!!!!

V8s and water though....

You beat me to it James, but then, i am only a one finger typist !!! :ph34r:

Yes it will get fitted, along with the wing the Safari wrecked !!

I am looking at trying to do a build ur own one for what they look. Could anyone with a a snorkel going in through the top of the wing as i have 3.9 V8 RR in a 110 take a pic of how they have it connected etc in to the engine

If you are not going extreme !! go for the Safari's, excellent piece of kit, looks the best ( own option! ) very tough, but if you are using the Landrover like god intended,, go for the Southdown,

I had a Safari's on the hybrid, took a lot of abuse, but to the stage of buckling the wing before busting the pipe!! so is now in the process of being change to the Southdown, no where near as pretty, but functional, (but then again, why I am bothering is in doubt,, V8 and water do not work, (unless your name is Nige !! :lol: )

Have a Safari's one in the workshop, that may find its way onto the 110 mind

Tim, yeah, I got mine caught a few times and rubbed a few things. Yes, it also did 'reprofile' the wing a few times but every time I bent the snorkel it went back to its original shape (won't happen with steel). Before I decided to go rear snorkel I played with the idea of sinking it into the wing surface, mounting it solidly and then doing wing bars. In the end I decided it wasn't worth the work and went rear snorkel instead.