Downloading Single OS Maps

zim

Hi,

I have been looking to download an single OS map. I don't fancy spending hundreds on the whole of the UK, but can't seem to find a way to only do a certain area.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Whilst on this topic, what is the best mobile app for them - memory map ?

Thanks

Gordon

Hello,

Is it Memory Map Selections that your after? This is the one that you can select something like 2,500sq Km from anywhere in the UK and then print it out or send it to a Garmin gps etc. No idea about the apps though.

Hope this helps,

Matt

You can download individual sheets using viewranger - its pretty good.

The normal road maps and street maps are free downloads and when I subscribed I think I got a free OS sheet of my choice to play with before I parted with any money.

HTH

Paul

Used it yesterday whilst out - and all worked well. I've downloaded the area around where we live / go, so it's available offline - and it did manage to tell me that i was in the totally wrong place :hysterical::hysterical:

Used it yesterday whilst out - and all worked well. I've downloaded the area around where we live / go, so it's available offline - and it did manage to tell me that i was in the totally wrong place :hysterical::hysterical:

worked well and wrong place ... :-)

That's more likely to be the device you ran it on. I'm a Memory Map users, but I'm getting disgruntled with it. It needs to allow the pull-down tab to the positioned left and/or right on the tablet screen, so the map is more visible. And I want the PC version to allow me to use the WASD keys to move about the map, not just the cursor keys. Google Maps does, and it is better than cursors!

That's more likely to be the device you ran it on. I'm a Memory Map users, but I'm getting disgruntled with it. It needs to allow the pull-down tab to the positioned left and/or right on the tablet screen, so the map is more visible. And I want the PC version to allow me to use the WASD keys to move about the map, not just the cursor keys. Google Maps does, and it is better than cursors!

The device were 'my legs', whilst out on a trail run in the peak district.

The phone knew where it was.... i didn't haha !

The device were 'my legs', whilst out on a trail run in the peak district.

The phone knew where it was.... i didn't haha !

Ah! mine did that a few weeks ago in the Lakes.. it confirmed that a route I'd walked many times wasnt where I thought it was.