Will a v8 fit through the back door?

I thought I'd ask this on here rather than going outside in the miserable weather with a tape measure, as it's highly likely someone else on here has tried this before... :D

Will a fully dressed v8 fit through the back door of a CSW? Complete with exhaust manifolds etc?

Am hoping to go collect a v8 at some point in the near future - I just hope it will fit through the reasonably narrow gap in the back!

If it won't fit I can use the estate car, however the missus is using it all weekend so I won't be able to collect the engine!

Depends on how many muscle relaxants you take, Jon ... ?

I have had a v8 in the back of my series years ago but I don't recall if it had manifolds on. Anyway same width so I'd take the landy and a socket set and if it won't go through remove one or both of the manifolds.

HTH

Mo

• Like 1

I managed to fit mine without exhaust manifolds, there was probably a bit more room so perhaps it would have fitted with manifolds.

I struggled at first to get it in, until I realised that while I was pushing hard on the engine crane, the crane itself was pushing into the bodywork above the door. Nice dent as a reminder to think about the height as well.

Just make sure to tie it down well, eh? :)

Thinking of tying things down - just reminded me of when I went to pick up the 2.5 petrol engine that ended up in my 88 - over 200Kg sat in the back of a Toyota Hilux Surf... Well strapped down or not I was worried that if I had to do an emergency stop it'd break free of it's straps and end up coming through the windscreen!!