Double Door Seals?

Does anyone see anything wrong with the attached photo?

I purchased two ALR6250 sill seals for the front doors of my 1996 Defender 110. Should there be two seals on one door as in the photo: one on the bottom of the door and the other on the body? Seems to me there should only be one, either on the bottom of the door (which I purchased) OR on the body.

In an earlier post western wrote:

the pre 300tdi vehicles use a rubber seal along the body sideframe sill, the steel lip at the top edge is part of the sideframe & not available as a replacement part, the later bottom door seals fit on the door bottom face.

Mine is a 300tdi so I'm thinking someone got mixed up and put on an older seal. Or maybe it's me that's mixed up?

...jim

post-50579-0-43878200-1458163225_thumb.jpg

Hi all, I was about to fit these seals to mine. I've read that you can fit the newer seals (bottom of the door type) to older defenders, mines a 200 tdi csw. Is it an upgrade worth doing do the newer seals work better ? They are cheaper than the old seals.

cheers Ian

• 2 weeks later...