Quick lift pump query

No John I'm not that flush, I can't remember who from, I need to find the spare. I looked to see who the manufacturer was and then went to their own website.

I starting to think that genuine is looking an attractive buy despite its price !

Mo

There are a few Genuine Part LR ones on Ebay for £45 if you want one, they're "new old stock" so end of line, discontinued or bankrupt stock apparently, but if they are 'old' and the membrane is perishable one might wonder at how long they might last. Mind you given that 'new' ones last less than 6 months it might be worth a punt! Here

19 minutes ago, Red90 said:

Do you have a sedimenter?

I have the normal in-line LR fuel filter on the bulkhead, which is between lift pump and FIP. Are you referring to an in-line filter to put before the lift pump? I seem to recall you mentioning these in a previous post if I recall correctly?

Yes, you want a sedimenter between the tank and lift pump.  These were installed in all pre-200TDI trucks and they seem to save the lift pumps.  The 200TDIs are especially prone as any dirt kills the pumps.  The 300TDI is not as bad as it has a built in suction screen.

NRC9708 is the LR part and its is quite cheap.

There are many aftermarket options as well.

4 hours ago, Red90 said:

Yes, you want a sedimenter between the tank and lift pump.  These were installed in all pre-200TDI trucks and they seem to save the lift pumps.  The 200TDIs are especially prone as any dirt kills the pumps.  The 300TDI is not as bad as it has a built in suction screen.

Ok Red thanks for that - it's on the shopping list!

5 hours ago, Red90 said:

The 300 lift pump has a built in screen ?

If so then surely it's better to fit a 300 lift pump to the 200 ? I imagine the mounting will be the same just different pipe fittings.

Mo

5 hours ago, Red90 said:

These were installed in all pre-200TDI trucks and they seem to save the lift pumps. 

I dont think they were. I know of a few turbo diesels that didnt have them fitted from the factory. 

18 hours ago, Mo Murphy said:

The 300 lift pump has a built in screen ?

If so then surely it's better to fit a 300 lift pump to the 200 ? I imagine the mounting will be the same just different pipe fittings.

Mo

Maybe.  I've never looked at it.  You do need a proper Delphi one as the aftermarket ones don't have the screen.  It takes very little to plug the check valve.  IMO, a sedimenter is a good idea for everything.  They don't cost much.