Our Classic.

rrr47

I agree with all of you, best car in the world, (silly J. Clarkson voice optional).

What other car could drive into a woods with a trailer, pull a tree down, pull the trailer full of logs back out of the woods, home for a quick jet wash, and then take the wife out for a meal?

Just to continue the wood collecting theme...

attachicon.gifWP_20140921_001.jpg

'93 200TDI, 240K km, the family workhorse. Pulls horse trailers over mountain passes, goes shopping, oh and up to the forest to drag 3 cubic meters of wood out at a time. Still does better than 9L/100Km (33 mpg).

Very nice, I wanted a Green Range Rover when we were looking to buy one, but I found ours with loads of welding just completed and LPG for £1000.00.

The colour the missus really likes is "Dark Wimbledon Green", it was used on the P38 2000 Anniversary model. That on a Classic with a gold pin stripe.

• 2 weeks later...

The colour the missus really likes is "Dark Wimbledon Green", it was used on the P38 2000 Anniversary model. That on a Classic with a gold pin stripe.

The colour that is best is black with silver or chrome with alpaca or brown trim.....All mine are the same colours :hysterical: and now looking for an L322 to get the set further up to date :ph34r::i-m_so_happy:

I went to the LRM pub meet. A chap by the name of Tony drove all the way from York to Bedford for it in his 25th Anniversary RRC and won a prize for it. He has it insured for quite a high value. The LRM staff and Ant Anstead (For the Love of Cars programme) were all very interested in it, so a feature in LRM and a RRC on the second series of the programme don't seem unlikely. It says a lot for the RRC that Kingsley Cars can build and sell new build two-door RRCs with later running gear for £70k.

A. Anstead's restoration sensibilities are flawless, and imho the show would be better without that presenter fella being a mutton head every few minutes. Great show though.

By the by, the Mini came from a spot close by. I've had Mini's for 15 years and was fairly involved in the scene here but had never seen or heard of that car. Anyway, what was Mr. Anstead doing at the LRM meet? Is he that big an LR enthusiast?

That "presenta fella" is Philip Glennister, a very good actor who has been in a lot of TV programmes including Hornblower, Mad Dogs and, my favourite, Ashes to Ashes - everyone loves DCI Hunt! The problem was the production of the show - I'm pretty sure he was given a role of wanting to modify every car with stripes and spot lights and it would be Ant's "role" to talk him down; no reality TV programme can be aired without a sense of contrived conflict now, it seems...

I get it, national treasure. If I'm honest I knew damn well who he was, and I was being a see you next Tuesday. My apologies. I suppose what I was really trying to say was that I'd prefer it if it were produced as a documentary. Anstead has personality enough to anchor that show. I didn't really mean to be disparaging, in fact I had written something about the producers of the programme, exonerating Glenister (who's a fine entertainer), but removed it because I felt I was getting a little too excited about nothing. I've worked in TV, Radio and Video since '98, and as a producer/director since '02. I've been freelance in video since '07 and am disillusioned with the way television is produced these days. IMO there's a contemporary downward spiral in reality TV where perception informs production which in turn informs perception, and round it goes so that great concepts get dumbed down instead of being made challenging, informative or uplifting.

Anyway, the Series 1 looked stunning when it was finished, but I still think it should have been a sympathetic restoration rather than the TV driven 'Land Rovers are green' tack.

Sorry for the hijack rrr47. It looks great. I treat both mine like tractors and have a little trailer like yours for general purposes on my land.

I get it, national treasure. If I'm honest I knew damn well who he was, and I was being a see you next Tuesday. My apologies. I suppose what I was really trying to say was that I'd prefer it if it were produced as a documentary. Anstead has personality enough to anchor that show. I didn't really mean to be disparaging, in fact I had written something about the producers of the programme, exonerating Glenister (who's a fine entertainer), but removed it because I felt I was getting a little too excited about nothing. I've worked in TV, Radio and Video since '98, and as a producer/director since '02. I've been freelance in video since '07 and am disillusioned with the way television is produced these days. IMO there's a contemporary downward spiral in reality TV where perception informs production which in turn informs perception, and round it goes so that great concepts get dumbed down instead of being made challenging, informative or uplifting.

Anyway, the Series 1 looked stunning when it was finished, but I still think it should have been a sympathetic restoration rather than the TV driven 'Land Rovers are green' tack.

Sorry for the hijack rrr47. It looks great. I treat both mine like tractors and have a little trailer like yours for general purposes on my land.

Don't mind about the trailer mud flaps, it is very funny the amount of people who take a double look at them, a couple have even pointed out, "I think you have a puncture or problem with your trailer tyres". Cheap solution and unbreakable.

I don't disagree with you that the programme would have been better played straight, Shack - I just thought it a little harsh to criticise an actor who was just playing a role he'd been given (perhaps he played it a bit too well ;) ). I agree that a second series would be better with just the guys who actually do the work.

Cheap solution and unbreakable.

Big time, trailer mudguards will always get battered. I've been struggling with my plastic ones for a few months now. Was thinking of building continuous side boxes fore, aft and over them so that they're indestructible.

a second series would be better with just the guys who actually do the work.

:) There were just little glimpses of the big crew in the background now and then. Would love to see more of the craft happening.

Big time, trailer mudguards will always get battered. I've been struggling with my plastic ones for a few months now. Was thinking of building continuous side boxes fore, aft and over them so that they're indestructible.

:) There were just little glimpses of the big crew in the background now and then. Would love to see more of the craft happening.

If you do use tyres, wear a mask when cutting the tyres up, the ones I used were the biggest low profiles I could find and they have some nasty stuff inside that creates a horrible dust when cut up. Also, there are some self-drilling wood screws on the market with very pointy tips, they also come with their own screwdriver bit as their a funny size or fit. They go through the tyres a lot easier than other self-tappers.