halfords trade card?

Landy-Novice

Have a search one here James, there is a thread on here somewhere with examples of discounts given. One thing to note is that special offers aren't available with the trade card so you need to pick and choose when to use it. Oh and the discounts vary depending on product and brand.

Hi,

There's loads on this in 'Tool and Fabrication', but the low down is YES it's worth it. It only works on car stuff such as oil, filters, wiper blades, bulbs etc and tools (it doesn't work on bikes and cd players!). How much discount...... well it varies, bulbs are cheap, so are wiper blades and you get a couple of pounds off tools, but there's no hard and fast rule on the discount. Best bet is to take said product to the check out for a price check!

Steve

There are a few threads on here and on the internet as to levels of discount etc, to be honest it's a bit of pot luck. You get good discounts on Halfords own brand stuff bulbs fluids etc but not discount on other bits like ICE. Clearly Halfords don't stock that many LR parts so you may need them to order them in. But at the end of the day it's free!!! So if you shop at Halfords and can get one then why not?

The only thing you do need to watch out for is if something is reduced (tools set's often are) and present your trade card you will be charged the full price!!

Jason.

I'm quite fortunate, the regular staff at my branch advise me when to use the card or not ;0) but as mentioned above stuff like wipers and bulbs you get a load off, example- a £8 wiper blade was just over £2 with the card ! some items ya get like 5 or 10 percent , but all helps at there prices ;0)

In my use of the card, I mainly use it for tools and some small items-filters, bulbs etc, a TDI fuel filter on the shelf is £9.99 with my card it's £3.46 , same as bulbs too, the small bulbs behind the heater controls on a discovery's dash were £3.99 without the card and £1.46 with it, Halfords own tools(Pro range) are about a couple of quid cheaper too

hth

John

As above, you can't loose really so just get one. You are probably entitled to one but it's easy to blag, I said I ran an automotive electrical business and they ate it up. I'm actually a student!

The discount seems to be linked pretty closely to the mark up they make, so the stuff that is ridiculously overpriced can sometimes be 90% off (think jubilee clips, fuses etc) own brand tools tend to be about 40% off (very useful as the professional range is actual good quality).

It's designed to make Halfords a bit more competitive with motor factors where people in the trade/ LR owners who go through a lot of parts would otherwise go.

Dave