Gearbox out for repair, clutch at 40k replace or not??

As above, my gearbox is currently out for repair. I thought my clutch had done fewer miles, but looking back at my service sheet, it has covered 40k. Would you replace it now? It'll add another £70-£80 onto the cost of the gearbox job, but could save the need to drop it again in the future.... hmmmmmmmmm

I'd change the lot. inc a heavy duty release arm.failing that i'd weld a plate behind where the rod sits. no point in going back in there if you have a choice. the truck i bought for a rebuild project had a recent clutch, but for the sake of £100 or so, it was worth swapping it out. at least it resets your usage clock.

So far i think my gearbox has been off every four years for some kind of issue, so the clutch has never had time to wear out! Fingers crossed that after repair its in there for longer - 10 years at least would be a nice period to not have to lift that heavy hunk of metal again with about 80k on the clutch!

When I swapped out my engine the year before last I'd got about 30k on the clutch, on measuring it had lost very little material, but I replaced anyway, its just one of these jobs that's a ball ache to sort so you want the thing to outlast hopefully the maintenance interval of everything else.