2" or 4"

bombx3

*Puts head in hands and walks away weeping*

My sentiments entirely.

Mr Bom, do you need any lift???? Perhaps you have too much bodywork? IMHO don't get a lift to allow you to clear tyres, get it to give the spring lengths you want or additional chassis clearance.

You guys are cruel, give the chap a break :rolleyes:

To avoid chronic spring wrap you need to fit 20" rims (preferably chrome) and a 6" body lift, ideally with multi-colour neons underneath. Paddocks have them on special this month.

The general rule for your propshafts is that for each inch your tyres are larger than standard you need to take 10mm out of the propshaft, you may find that it will then not reach the diff flange. The solution is to shift the engine & box backwards so the rear prop meets up (some minor fettling may be required), and then run a chain drive through the chassis rail to the front axle.

With tyres as large as 37 you may break drivetrain components, to minimise this you should fit the longer V8 clutch release bearing which will maintain a better clearance between pressure plate and friction material, thus reducing harmful shock loads through the system and prolonging the life of your axles.

*Puts head in hands and walks away weeping*

Followed by a train of weeping old tomers, myself included.

But then an ikdea :):unsure: ....

We know we need some new blood into the industry / sport / hobby so perhaps if we can inform what few newcomers we have we could bring along the next generation...

Then again if they are of the next generation who have all left school with the best results year on year for the last 15 years then we might struggle to get them to understand the basics! :lol::lol:

Take the 16" rims of the Saxo put some big tyres on and get a couple of the wheel stids to line up... that way the offset of the alloy will keep the tyres away from the metal bits that stick off the side of the chassis.

David

Guest diesel_jim

Don't get pi$$y mate, but if you're just a "beginner", then start at the beginning.

learn how your vehicle handles on stock wheels/suspension. learn to drive it well like that, then decide what you want.

learn that if you fit big wheels, you'll need (Expensive) stronger axle components, and more wheelarch clearance, which will need a suspension lift, which will in turn make your steering really bad. this will need (more expense) of castor corrected radius arms.

with the suspension lift you'll have propshaft vibrations, so you'll need CV propshafts. then the gearing will be all out (expecially with 37's) so you'll need (expensive) lower ratio differentials (well, crownwheel & pinions).

then the brakes won't be as effective, and the first muddy puddle you go through, you won't be able to see out of the side windows.

Seems some of the posters/attitude from over there, has made it over here and I don't think we are any the better for it. :(

actually you're not wrong and it pains me to read some of pirate. they seem to attract a certain type of poster and the regulars have no tolerance for any timewasting or any hint of it and it has a sort of self amplifying effect.

perhaps best to say nothing if you don't really have anything constructive to say, my apologies.

Don't get pi$$y mate, but if you're just a "beginner", then start at the beginning.

learn how your vehicle handles on stock wheels/suspension. learn to drive it well like that, then decide what you want.

learn that if you fit big wheels, you'll need (Expensive) stronger axle components, and more wheelarch clearance, which will need a suspension lift, which will in turn make your steering really bad. this will need (more expense) of castor corrected radius arms.

with the suspension lift you'll have propshaft vibrations, so you'll need CV propshafts. then the gearing will be all out (expecially with 37's) so you'll need (expensive) lower ratio differentials (well, crownwheel & pinions).

then the brakes won't be as effective, and the first muddy puddle you go through, you won't be able to see out of the side windows.

Fitted 3" lift 4" plus longer shocks disolation cones ect.37" boggers offset,ash croft shafts ect,new wide props and new diffs,wide archs.I have had this 90 from 1992 and think i proberly go off road every day but a novice at the up grades.Lewis you are sound Thanks

Not yet only finnished 7.30pm tonight been on it solid since friday night .Been on fields testing on the ground i no well .It goes where my old set up would just stop dead. :lol::lol::lol:

Sounds good. Would be interested to see the results of all your hard work. :)

Sounds good. Would be interested to see the results of all your hard work. :)

Very pleased and i got the parts local as well (40miles) devon 4x4 and mail order 4x4 .Chris who works in there also knows of a couple of clubs not to far away .I am going out will them on sunday.Well happy with that as i get no pleasure on farm fields