LED Lights - suppliers?

EdF

A friend just bought a used 90 with LED small lights (side/indicators). Does anyone know a supplier at reasonable cost? I did find one supplier but thought £380 for a set a little high..? Thanks.

A friend just bought a used 90 with LED small lights (side/indicators). Does anyone know a supplier at reasonable cost? I did find one supplier but thought £380 for a set a little high..? Thanks.

Bearmach list them and Bolt on bits on ebay list them ,,,

I use these guys for my LED bulbs, got them in all my lights indicators, side lights, reverse, rear fog and brake/rear lights I have also replaced my interior light with one of there units and am currently waiting on my new dash bulbs to turn up.

What can I say they sell excellent quality bulbs I use the 4w bulbs except in the reverse (6w) and side lights (1w)

really good service too. Can't beat them I reckon :D

I've just had a look at that link. Am I right in saying that the bulbs are a direct replacement for standard bulbs? They fit in the same holder?

Is it worth spending the £10 per bulb?

yes direct replacement for the standard bulb.

Like I say the 4w ones that they do are excellent and are dammed bright, I have had mine in for 2 years now, no problems with them and they are excellent.

If you want to use them for your indicators I would suggest you put a LED flasher unit in, I bought mine from http://www.mobilecentre.co.uk

well worth the upgrade I reckon, makes the rubbish standard lamp units on 90 and 110 very much better.

Ahhh, the auto-notify of replies isn't working, again.. Thanks for the leads. After extensive searching I found this place (Rat Sport) which sells LED bulb replacements.

http://shop1.actinicexpress.co.uk/shops/Rat_Sport/index.php?cat=Bulbs

I did look on the Bearmach site (and most others!) but didn't see 'em and I don't use EBay at all. Very impressed with the brightness of the replacement lamp units but too dear.. Found an alternative supplier at £200 for the set of ten.. Think the bulbs are a cheaper option...

the ebay bulbs I have bought have all lasted at least 2 years and have come from Chine at about £3 per pair delivered. I also use DealExtreme quite a lot and find the delivery just as good as ebay item. Both use paypal if you want to keep your card details private.

Thing to remember is with LED its better to use an LED the same colour as the lense the bulb will be used in else the light will shine too white for Police checks and MOT. Well that is my understanding anyway.

I will use LED lights on any Land Rover I buy as they are less prone to the weak light syndrome caused by floating earth issues.

If you're worried about brightness you should also consider fitting the NAS lamps at the same time, use the RDX easyfit plinths for a clean easy install and you get a lot more reflected light as well as a much bigger area to light up. Can never be too visible.

"If you're worried about brightness you should also consider fitting the NAS lamps at the same time"

Or fit the full LED NAS lights made by Le Perie and distributed by many people including Du-Bri & Bearmach.

I have just bought almost a full set from my local Bearmach supplier who worked out the cheapest of all (R&C Auto's in Cranfield).

Four indicators, four stop/tail, two fog & two reversing were £310 (two rear sets at £155 a time) but I got £45 back on the two spare stop/tail. The front sidelights were silly money so I didn't bother with them.

I decided to go for the cheap option and ordered four LED bulbs from 'Rat Sport'. I ordered two to replace the twin filament bulbs in the back and two for the rear indicators. What came? Three singles and one twin... Sigh.. How difficult can it be...? I tried them.. The twin filament one was dimmer than the old bulb on sidelights and the indicator flashed like crazy and seemed more white than yellow. Possible MoT problem there.. I did see some mention of a LED flasher unit being required. I'm sending them back.. I'm not prepared to pay a huge sum for the LED light units, there must be another way to light up the back end more effectively..

I decided to go for the cheap option and ordered four LED bulbs from 'Rat Sport'. I ordered two to replace the twin filament bulbs in the back and two for the rear indicators. What came? Three singles and one twin... Sigh.. How difficult can it be...? I tried them.. The twin filament one was dimmer than the old bulb on sidelights and the indicator flashed like crazy and seemed more white than yellow. Possible MoT problem there.. I did see some mention of a LED flasher unit being required. I'm sending them back.. I'm not prepared to pay a huge sum for the LED light units, there must be another way to light up the back end more effectively..

There is - just use standard NAS style lights, they have a built in reflector and so are much brighter than standard.

AFAIK fitting LED bulbs to standard lights is technicly illegal and MOT failure, omething to do with the EC type approval that UK car lights must have - though correct me if I'm wrong.

There is - just use standard NAS style lights, they have a built in reflector and so are much brighter than standard.

AFAIK fitting LED bulbs to standard lights is technicly illegal and MOT failure, omething to do with the EC type approval that UK car lights must have - though correct me if I'm wrong.

*Something

( 's' button made by same supplier as toyota accelerators ) :D

"Yes, you need an LED flasher unit to use LEDs as indicators. A standard fasher unit relies on the load of a filament bulb, not the much smaller load of an LED. The other, less attractive, solution is to add ballast resistors."

I fitted an LED flasher-relay from the 'Mobile Centre' when I fitted my full LED NAS lights. It is a straight replacement but unlike many others will also support a load up to 5A (60W) so if you tow a trailer or have normal bulbs in the circuit it still operates correctly.