Aerocatch flush fitting bonnet pins

Hi,

I took off the traditional catch a year or so ago and replaced with the rubber catches which have now started to split. Considering either metal replacements (which I can't seem to find) or Aerocatch flush fitting bonnet pins. Obviously these require a lot of cutting of the bonnet to sit them flush - has anyone done this successfully to a Defender bonnet? Photos would be great!

Thanks

Dan

Thanks. Very good point - particularly as that's why I removed the stock cable and catch! Maybe go for some more traditional bonnet pins without the fancy flush fitting. Any opinions on those?

[will also save me about £40 in the process!] :D

hi , i have the areo catches fitted to my defender , real easy to fit , will try post up some pics when im back on my home pc later (pics in photo bucket which works blocks :angry: )

had them fitted originally on the standard wind using allready made and tapped holes for the standard bonnet stay , just using some brackets i made (and binned a few weeks ago ) now have north off road challenge wings fitted which are easyer to weld brackets on too , as for getting full of mud my car is only really used for challenges and ive never had any problems with them ......

Thanks. Being known to get muddy perhaps the Aerocatch is not for me. Great pics though - thanks

MOD style galvanised side fitting catches is my preference. Genuine ones seem to cost a fortune and then there are loads of non-genuine. Can anyone suggest ones which they know to be decent quality at a fair price? :huh:

Thanks

The folks at Holden were great (I'm not associated with them!). Very quick delivery and a good solid product now fitted to my truck. In hindsight a right angled version may have been slightly more suitable as the spring would then be pulling 'down' on the bonnet rather than sideways. That said, I am very pleased.

Thanks for all the advice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I know this is a very old thread but I recently fitted the locking Aerocatches as another layer of security on my Puma as I wasn't keen on the security hinge option.

As in this thread, I had to fabricate the brackets to take the pins. I posted the video fitting them on another Defender site and had a few requests for the brackets so made up a batch which I now have for sale if anyone is interested.

Here is the video of the operation: https://youtu.be/rFd_Lb5Hp34