Bearmach or genuine FPR

Hi guys 

I'm sure it's been debate before but can't find it. Just wondering if anyone have experienced with Bearmach fuel pressure regulator? Are they reliable? Or would I better off get a genuine one.

taking into consideration the genuine one is about £60 more expensive!!

Any thoughts welcome.

thanks

Thierry

Hi Les

thanks for input. I've used loads of bearmach parts as well have no issue with them. Was just wondering as the FPR on the td5 is quite "fussy" prone to leak after replacement if good quality parts are not use. I don't want to do the job twice and worst buy the parts twice. I think I might go with the bearmach which would be £60 cheaper. I'll bit the bullet and I'll keep you update if it's worth it or not!

thierry

There is a set of O-rings that you can buy for about £20 and redo the FPR yourself. Seems to be a mixed bag of results, and if it doesn't work then you will have to buy an FPR and pull it off again but maybe worth considering.

I did rebuilt the FPR when I did the head and since then the Landy takes a bit longer to start first thing in the morning. Will crank for about 10sec then fire up with a little tap on the accelerator. Seems like air is getting in somewhere and sound like its around the FRP area. I've replace everything else apart from the FPR itself. I guess it would make sense to replace the whole unit this time

I had it in my head that Bosch made these, but that could be completely wrong!

Having said that, just got an email from Britcar this morning to say that Bearmach have started to give a 3 year warranty to all of their parts effective from this January

It might show up on their homepage http://www.brit-car.co.uk/

Better than the Britpart warranty and less likely to need it in the first place!

Interestingly I got an email today from Britcar which says they are providing a 3 year warranty on all their Bearmach branded products !

To be honest if I buy aftermarket parts I make it a point to always buy Bearmach with exception of bearings/critical parts and brake pads. Usually very good quality and fraction of cost of OEM parts.

Ian