3.5 V8 distributor questions

Hi guys,

Rebuilding a 1985 90 with a 1987 RRC classic 3.5 carb V8 (none of which I disassembled in the first place, so makes the reverse process harder!)

So i now have to connect the dizzy and coil etc and checking if I've got the right bits and a few questions:

- There is a 3pin connector on the side of the distributor as per photo, does the amplifier connect directly into this or is there a cable connecting the two of them?

- where does the other end of the amplifier connect to? Is that direct to one of the coil terminals and what cable is needed?

- from what I can tell I need to get my hands on part number STC1184 plus a connector cable? Anything else missing? (HT leads, coil pack etc are already in place, all new)

Sorry for the dumb questions, but 'sparky' stuff not my strong suit at all ?

Cheers all...

IMG_1170.JPG

I think there must be a cable missing to connect the magic eye to the ignition amp my amp was bolted directly to the side of the dizzy body with a tiny plug connecting it up plug my disco has a large waterproof plug on the side of the dizzy an the amp is located on the front panel with a loom joining the two together neither of my dizzys have that type of plug are the insides original? 

the ignition amp wires go to the coil I think ones white and the other is white and black

Thanks for that. Yeah I've been trying to see where the amp module would actually mount on the dizzy and there is no obvious place really either. I figured there was a cable missing as you said, but can't see it on any parts diagrams at all.... it all came from the same RRC so should be correct I guess....

Ok so my saga continues. I went digging in a box of spares that came with the engine (which admittedly I had kinda forgotten about....Duh!)

Turns out the connector is for a Lumenition ignition system which was on the RRC it came from! So at least the mystery is solved ? I found the box and connectors buried deep in said box so hopefully no damage....

Question now is whether it works on the 90, form what I can see and have read it should be largely just plug-and-play in the 90 - right??